Horace Jarrell
A
Limbaugh was ground zero of this nonsense - the voice of rolling back civil rights advancements. He was also ground zero for the voice of rolling back abortion. We went from Limbaugh to Murdoch and Ailes' Fox News. Country has been on a downward spiral since. 3/4
07:08 PM - Mar 26, 2023
Michael J Sheridan
A
In response to Horace Jarrell.
I don't disagree, but you should add Newt Gingrich to this list of players.

Gingrich was the one who weaponized the language of political discourse. He began the process of GOP elected officials treating Democrats as enemies instead of opponents.
07:15 PM - Mar 26, 2023
Horace Jarrell
A
In response to Michael J Sheridan.
Mike, I hear you. But here's the thing about Newt: Bill Clinton made Newt his B!tc%... Yeah, he was able to get a victory in 1994. But Bill got re-elected in 1996. Newt was ousted as House Speaker in 1998. They didn't even give him a chance in 2000 when he tried to run for Pres. Nevermind 2012.
08:04 PM - Mar 26, 2023
Michael J Sheridan
A
In response to Horace Jarrell.
This is true.

But the hostility towards any compromise with Democrats, the "Hastert rule" against bringing anything to the floor that couldn't pass with just GOP votes, the lack of decorum by GOP members during Dem SOTU addresses - that all starts with Gingrich.
08:41 PM - Mar 26, 2023
Horace Jarrell
A
Don't get me wrong - Newt does indeed play a part. He does. My original point, which I never spelled out, is the death spiral that the GOP is in. They have entertainment personalities as thought leaders and they, as a party, are completely out of ideas. And still, MAGA isn't going away.
In response to Michael J Sheridan.
09:26 PM - Mar 26, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}