Pam T.
A
We cannot just sit back and vote only in Presidential and mid-term elections. These folks are working 24/7/365 to exclude and suppress your vote. Start with the site below: check your state/county election dates, and what's on those ballots! The local/state crazies are governing ur very lives.
ht
10:26 AM - Feb 09, 2023
Lei`alalani AAPI
A
I had a conversation this evening w/ a friend who said "having the right to vote also means I have the right not to vote unless the election is important". That thinking is troubling. EVERY election is important - the small local elections impact people greatly & they ARE important-I said just that.
In response to Pam T..
10:24 PM - Mar 26, 2023
Progressive Joe
A
In response to Lei`alalani AAPI.
In Australia voting is mandatory by law.
06:47 PM - Oct 08, 2023
Merci Merci Me
A
Smaller local & state elections are just as important as presidential elections if not more so. Look what's happening in Florida & Texas. What almost happened in Arizona & Michigan. Turn the states legislature & courts gop & suddenly the presidential election won't matter so much.
08:01 PM - Aug 04, 2023
Lei`alalani AAPI
A
In response to Merci Merci Me.
Exactly - and how/why people (like my friend) don't realize this is mindboggling!
11:05 AM - Aug 05, 2023
Merci Merci Me
A
In response to Merci Merci Me.
I have no idea how that photo ended up in this post.
02:02 PM - Aug 05, 2023
Pam T.
A
A very troubling mindset, indeed. I hope you got through to how local elections DIRECTLY impact us: School curriculums, taxes, justice systems, and plain old quality of life, etc.
10:59 PM - Mar 26, 2023
Lei`alalani AAPI
A
In response to Pam T..
I said EVERY election, no matter how small is important & those that don't vote contribute to the problem. Complaining when you don't vote is hypocritical. It is your responsibility to become involved. Not voting undermines all of us.
12:01 AM - Mar 27, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}