James Shewmaker
B
One thing which is often overlooked is that God created the earth with everything in an "advanced" condition.

The trees looked older than they were. Both humans looked as if they had lived for years.

So, the stars also looked as if the universe was very old.

The rocks would've looked old, also.
09:48 AM - Mar 28, 2023 (Edited)
Sabine
A
In response to James Shewmaker.
earth is according to actual scientific knowledge about 4,6 bil years old. of course it is today in an "advanced" condition. 😁
09:53 AM - Mar 28, 2023
James Shewmaker
B
In response to Sabine.
At the time it was created it LOOKED billions of years old.

How were Adam and Eve able to see the stars?

Because the starlight between the stars and the earth was created as well as the stars. The first starlight did not travel across the universe, it was created as already having arrived.
10:04 AM - Mar 28, 2023
Sabine
A
Get help
10:08 AM - Mar 28, 2023
James Shewmaker
B
In response to Sabine.
If you are assuming that science has disproved creation or disproved the Bible then you are entitled to that assumption.

But,

You are not entitled to deny rights to those of us that assume that the Bible exposes the assumptions of those who deny creation. We are ALSO entitled to our assumption
10:20 AM - Mar 28, 2023
Sabine
A
you are entitled to believe what you like. But as soon as you promote your views in public, expect to be called out.
Yours is a system that cannot be challenged because it´s self-referential. You are not even able to see that it is self-referential.
10:32 AM - Mar 28, 2023
James Shewmaker
B
Yours is ALSO a system which is self-referential.

I KNOW that my belief system is self-referential but I doubt that you are aware of the self-referential nature of science. It is based on axioms and postulates just as belief in the Bible is based on the axiom of God's existence.
In response to Sabine.
10:51 AM - Mar 28, 2023
Sabine
A
science is not self referential. Otherwise it couldn´t develop new theories. From a flat earth to a globe orbited by the sun to a globoid orbiting the sun, which itself is orbiting the black hole in the middle of our galaxy.
11:47 AM - Mar 28, 2023
James Shewmaker
B
In response to Sabine.
Read this article on axioms on Wikipedia. You might learn something about the foundations of all human knowledge including science.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axiom
12:06 PM - Mar 28, 2023
James Shewmaker
B
In fact, your most recent spout shows a snobbery or a self-righteousness which assumes that you are not vulnerable to the same charge which you have made against me.
10:54 AM - Mar 28, 2023
Sabine
A
why can´t you get along with a god that created all of it 4,6 bil years ago and made all things happen according to laws he designed? Isn´t it snobbery on your part to insist that his creational schedule fits within the scope of your imagination?
11:52 AM - Mar 28, 2023 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}