Gregg DiChiara
A
Two days of Nashville police briefings and MSNBC reporting and there's something grating on me. The shooter was born female but transgendered to male. Their birthname was Audrey but transitioned to Aidan. Their pronouns were he/him. However, every report is seemingly ignoring every aspect of 1/x
01:44 PM - Mar 28, 2023 (Edited)
Gregg DiChiara
A
In response to Gregg DiChiara.
I'm re-spouting this bc I'm genuinely interested in LGBTQ+ opinions. We are now on Day 3 of this tragic story. Joy Reid just had @charlotteclymer on as a guest and this was probably the most I've seen discussion on this. But the reporting continues to be inaccurate like it is taboo.
07:50 PM - Mar 29, 2023
Gregg DiChiara
A
how this person wanted to be known. Apparently Aubrey/Aidan's mother is quoted as saying "I lost a daughter" which, to me, indicates the family didn't embrace Aubrey/Aidan's decision. To be fair, the note that was left behind was reportedly signed "Aubrey (Aidan)" indicating some possible inner 2/x
01:48 PM - Mar 28, 2023 (Edited)
Gregg DiChiara
A
conflict. I have a young transgender person in my life and I know that their decision is very personal and very heartfelt. Identity and affirmation is critically important to the point of needing to be sensitive to their requests which could be fluid (ie, boy to girl; girl to bi; bi to nonbinary; 3x
01:53 PM - Mar 28, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}