Allison Larkin
A
If you have any questions about writing or publishing, feel free to ask in this thread. I'll check back periodically to answer. #amwriting #AuthorsOfSpoutible
01:45 PM - Mar 28, 2023
OneOfTheSmiths
A
In response to Allison Larkin.
I've been asked to write down my autobiography by family members. I've started but it brings up so many feelings. Some have changed, some not. Damn hard to do this.
06:12 PM - Mar 28, 2023
Allison Larkin
A
Writing can so often bring up tons of emotions! Sometimes it's expected and sometimes it's really surprising. Don't feel like you have to tackle it all at once. Do what you can when you can. Even if it's just making notes for another time when you feel like you're up for the emotions.
In response to OneOfTheSmiths.
06:23 PM - Mar 28, 2023
OneOfTheSmiths
A
In response to Allison Larkin.
Thank you very much. I started on a part when all the sad/bad/angry emotions hit, I stopped and haven't started again. I think once I get through those parts it'll be fun to relive and share the good times. Problem is from age 8 to 21 were the hardest. Thanks ma'am 💙
06:44 PM - Mar 28, 2023
Allison Larkin
A
In response to OneOfTheSmiths.
Just write around it -- get into the fun parts and chip away at the hard parts when you can. You'll get there. Emotional memories tend to replay like they're current. I find it helpful to remind myself that those rough memories are all things I've survived.
07:27 PM - Mar 28, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}