Jess Martin
A
The organic wines have landed at #Aldi 😬 @noblerot 🍷

#wine #wines
10:34 PM - Mar 28, 2023
Stewart Tan
A
In response to Jess Martin.
How I wish our Aldi can sell wine. In the US, the rules vary by state. In DE, you have to go to the wine store, but you can go to Costco to buy wine (standalone store). Or go to the Wegmans in PA. Other states (VA, NC, FL), no problem. Are you confused? I am! 🤷
10:49 PM - Mar 28, 2023
Jess Martin
A
In response to Stewart Tan.
We have a #Costco here and that’s where I get my ultra #finewine stock

Americans have a funny relationship with alcohol 😂

Our drinking age here is 18 across the country. No variations much by state or territory.
10:52 PM - Mar 28, 2023
Stewart Tan
A
Funny would be a huge understatement. True story: we were visiting my brother-in-law who lives in North Carolina (can buy wine from the grocery). I went to buy wine on a Sunday (important detail). While checking out, a clerk runs to me and says "sir, you can't buy wine before 12pm on Sundays!" 🤷
10:59 PM - Mar 28, 2023
Jess Martin
A
In response to Stewart Tan.
😂🤣😅 I’m surprised the store was open on Sunday!

In some parts of Europe their supermarkets are closed on weekends not due to religious reasons, but more to do with labour protections.
11:01 PM - Mar 28, 2023
Russell Wingard
A
I can relate to @sstan99 on his confusion with state laws. Visiting NYC for the first time, I arrived late evening and walked to a store to get a bottle of wine but all they had was some swill at 5% alcohol! Wine is only sold at wine shops. Yet other states sell liquor in the supermarket...🤷
01:22 AM - Mar 29, 2023
Jess Martin
A
In response to Russell Wingard.
😳 I’ll be carrying BYO #wine if ever I need to cross state lines over there.

Are you allowed to carry wine on your person? We have goon bags here which makes for easy transportation. Doesn’t oxidise as quickly too.

https://www.danmurphys.com.au/product/DM_904283/golden-oak-fruity-white-cask-4
01:27 AM - Mar 29, 2023
Russell Wingard
A
"goon bags"? 😂 I suppose that's similar to the bag inside a box of wine? I like the way you think. And yes, carrying alcohol across state lines is fine. Might be a bit trickier if you're flying.
01:43 AM - Mar 29, 2023
Jess Martin
A
In response to Russell Wingard.
It’s a party trick!

Makes good pillows too!

#GoonBag #GoonBags

https://nomadsworld.com/silver-pillow-life-goon-bag/
01:59 AM - Mar 29, 2023
Jacky Walker
A
Empty goon bags filled with air also make great floats for crab pots. Light reflecting off them makes them easy to spot 😂
02:13 AM - Mar 29, 2023 (Edited)
Jess Martin
A
In response to Jacky Walker.
Love it! There you go! Who’d have thought?

#GoonBags #GoonBag
02:15 AM - Mar 29, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}