Allison Larkin
A
If you have any questions about writing or publishing, feel free to ask in this thread. I'll check back periodically to answer. #amwriting #AuthorsOfSpoutible
01:45 PM - Mar 28, 2023
DJ Taktix
A
I thought you'd never ask!

My writing career peaked when I ran election coverage for my college paper in 2004. I've since had to go into other fields to not starve.

How can I jump back in with no recent clips? Start a blog? I fear the pause has so shattered my confidence that I can't just start.
In response to Allison Larkin.
09:21 AM - Mar 29, 2023 (Edited)
Allison Larkin
A
In response to DJ Taktix.
Also, what an excellent job you’ve done surviving in this world and getting yourself to the point where you can think about writing again! That’s amazing!
10:37 AM - Mar 29, 2023
Allison Larkin
A
I’ve definitely had times when I stopped writing and had to get started again. It was always harder when I allowed myself to cling to the idea that I should never have stopped. So what? You took a break. Life happened. Applaud yourself for getting back to it. It’s wonderful! I’m rooting for you!
10:36 AM - Mar 29, 2023
Allison Larkin
A
I’m a novelist, so don’t have specific advice re: getting back to journalism, but starting a blog/newsletter to get back in the swing of writing and build your confidence is a great idea! Pick subjects that interest you. Focus on the enjoyment of writing vs. the idea that you need to catch up.
10:32 AM - Mar 29, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}