Qasim Rashid
A
Imagine writing a law in 2023, with only 27 words, to regulate weapons built in 2255, despite obviously having 0 knowledge of tech 232 years in the future.

That's how absurd it sounds when people today claim a 1791 Amendment encompasses all weapons in 2023 and cannot be questioned in any capacity
02:05 PM - Mar 28, 2023
Gothic Prophet
A
In response to Qasim Rashid.
It *doesn't* encompass *all* weapons. That's why we can't just buy fully functional tanks or fighter jets. It's why we can't have howitzers or torpedos.

Limitations on the 2A are why we can't have fully automatic weapons. These are good things, btw.
07:39 AM - Mar 29, 2023
Sherrill Reed
A
What are the limits on the 2A so that we cannot have howitzers and fully automatic weapons? If there are established limits where does the limitation authority end? Who says nay to howitzers but yea to m-15s with 1000 bullet magazines?
In response to Gothic Prophet.
01:10 PM - Mar 31, 2023
Gothic Prophet
A
In response to Sherrill Reed.
Admittedly, my experience in attempting to purchase such items is non-existent, but I would imagine a visit from the ATF would be part of that whole process.

It could, for all I know, simply be a matter of a prohibitively high price tag for such things.
07:45 PM - Mar 31, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}