Shannon Fisher
A
I'd forgotten how much work it is to make genuine connections with people on a new social media account. Trying to connect with all the other good people moving over here from Twitter on the last day of legacy verification so we can have/foster real conversations as this site grows.
05:55 PM - Mar 31, 2023
B Bigelow
A
In response to Shannon Fisher.
I hear ya.. still grappling, but spouting more keenly now
10:34 AM - Apr 01, 2023
Shannon Fisher
A
In response to B Bigelow.
Everyone and everything is new once. This is our time to be new. I think we're all doing swimmingly.
12:39 PM - Apr 01, 2023
Whit Honea
A
09:36 PM - Mar 31, 2023
Shannon Fisher
A
In response to Whit Honea.
It’s actually very similar to Twitter in form. Echoes are retweets. You can quote a spout from the echo button, just like quote tweets. The timeline is only spouts & echoes posted by people you follow. There will be an app soon. For now, it’s like web Twitter. But with nicer people & fewer trolls.
10:04 PM - Mar 31, 2023
Tasia Groovy
A
Honestly I'm so exhausted. I want someone else to get my account together for me. I do not have the mental bandwidth anymore
07:46 PM - Mar 31, 2023
Shannon Fisher
A
In response to Tasia Groovy.
I hear you, friend! Social media is freaking exhausting, especially these days with all the changes & uncertainty. Back when we had only three sites & everybody was nice & stayed in line (mostly)—those were the Golden Days of social media. Now, we have to carve out our own piece of peace.
08:32 PM - Mar 31, 2023
Sharon Zimmerman
A
Right now it feels like being at a networking event where they haven't forced you into the scheduled ice breakers yet so everyone is being their most awkward, but probably you'll meet someone cool.
06:06 PM - Mar 31, 2023
Shannon Fisher
A
In response to Sharon Zimmerman.
LOL! TOTALLY! We're all looking down & checking to make sure our nametags aren't curling up on the corners and falling off onto the floor while we nonchalantly simultaneously try to read everyone else's nametag on the sly so it seems we're making eye contact while we learn their name & association.
06:18 PM - Mar 31, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}