Mary OContrary
A
Who was raised under a religion that as an adult you no longer identify with? What was the turning point for you? I was raised Southern Baptist and for me it was after being told Mother Teresa would go to hell because she hadn't cited a very specific prayer asking to be saved. /1

#echo
11:37 AM - Feb 08, 2023
Carlton Sears
A
Raised Episcopalian. In college studied eastern religious traditions and mysticism deeply. At a dark time, opened the Bible by chance to Romans 8:28-32. Relief was immediate. I've since simply searched the Bible for its' truth on its' own terms through several denomination affiliations.
In response to Mary OContrary.
05:48 PM - Feb 08, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
In response to Carlton Sears.
/2 I believe gems of truth like this one can be found in just about every religious text, and that no one religion offers the whole truth and nothing but the truth. God or Spirit or Universe or whatever you want to call it, was intended for everyone, not only for a select few.
07:23 PM - Feb 08, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
In response to Carlton Sears.
/1 Very powerful verse that tells us that even when we may perceive things as "bad", we can trust that all things are working together for good even if we can't see the bigger picture in order to recognize this. Another way of saying, "God works in mysterious ways".
07:19 PM - Feb 08, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}