Little Bird
A
1957 so beautifully done! I think about this piece of brilliance every April Fools. I remember seeing it as a kid on tv in the 60s and just screaming with delight.

https://youtu.be/8scpGwbvxvI
1957: The SPAGHETTI HARVEST | Panorama | Classic BBC clips | BBC Archive - YouTube

Panorama reports from Switzerland, where the combination of a mild winter and the virtual disappearance of pests like the spaghetti weevil, has resulted in a...

09:13 PM - Mar 31, 2023
uOMi
A
In response to Little Bird.
As a Swiss 🇨🇭 Woman I take particular delight in this, thanks for posting. 😊
10:33 PM - Mar 31, 2023
Little Bird
A
In response to uOMi.
I was enthralled by the delicate spaghetti harvesting skills of Swiss women.. I am disappointed that I still cannot purchase fine Swiss spaghetti in my grocery store.
06:07 AM - Apr 01, 2023
uOMi
A
I like Spinach Spaghetti but had difficulty this past week finding some, so I settled for whole wheat from Trader Joe’s which added on a bunch of new pasta of late, might want to check it out.
06:43 AM - Apr 01, 2023
Little Bird
A
In response to uOMi.
I don’t know Trader joes in AU ..
I googled it and they sell pop tins of cinnamon roll dough - Ioved that in the 70s when I lived in USA but no refrigerated canned dough products here.

.. probably poison but I’d still go for those cinnamon rolls.

It’s now 23 years since I left USA.
07:08 AM - Apr 01, 2023
uOMi
A
H, ha, US-centric assumptions, sorry.

Never used any canned dough. Why, when a good part of baking is making dough?

45 years for me in the US, I grew up in Switzerland.

Trader Joe’s originally was a German grocery store my Mom would stock up on meat and butter at a fraction of 🇨🇭costs.
07:40 AM - Apr 01, 2023
Little Bird
A
In response to uOMi.
I’m glad you love it! I’m only good at healthy soups, I got that hunger-survival skill from my Netherlands mother.
I was never good at baking and with just 2 of us we’d eat too much if I was… so I buy a loaf a week from a good artisan baker. So much skill & good ingredients go into it.
07:56 AM - Apr 01, 2023
uOMi
A
Discovered chocolate mousse eggs at Trader Joe’s yesterday. 6 cute little treats I do not want to see the ingredient list. 🙈
08:12 AM - Apr 01, 2023
Little Bird
A
In response to uOMi.
I recently discovered that Italian chocolates are amazing. My husband ate the first bag in one sitting, so with his agreement I now hide them …we have 2 each as a reward or celebration.
08:21 AM - Apr 01, 2023
uOMi
A
Oh, just discovered your response, I too have to hide goodies from myself. It works. I forgotten some cookies in a ceramic container. As a Swiss, I shudder at the idea of Italian chocolate. 💖
12:25 PM - Apr 02, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}