phil_lewis_
A
North Carolina Republicans aim to ban participation trophies in government-run youth sports leagues with a new bill
10:38 AM - Apr 02, 2023
Lightly Salted
A
In response to phil_lewis_.
I eschew participation awards because they are antithetical to developing resilience. But legislation to ban them is, in the words of NC State Rep. Deb Butler, "preposterous and a colossal waste of time."
04:28 PM - Apr 02, 2023
Robert McCall
A
In response to Lightly Salted.
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
07:19 PM - Apr 03, 2023
Millicent Williams
A
I guess they are helping inflation by not spending money on trophies. That will change when their child is not on a winning team.
12:09 PM - Apr 02, 2023
Shai
A
Imagine your main goal in life is hurting children's feelings
11:59 AM - Apr 02, 2023
Ale Am
A
For them it just seems to always be taking the joy and sharing out of everything they set out to touch, cruelty is their big motivation
11:50 AM - Apr 02, 2023
Brian Gilmer
A
This type of legislation invites demonstrations. "identified performance achievements" includes completing the season or finishing a competition or even being selected for a team. Then awards could be done by sponsors or organizers. Let the state attempt to take action against a T-ball league.
11:36 AM - Apr 02, 2023
Crazy Cruze
A
Translation: “I never won a trophy in my life, so let me make everyone else miserable”.
10:45 AM - Apr 02, 2023
Joe Hufford
B
It's nice to see that North Carolina has literally every other problem in their state completely figured out.
10:44 AM - Apr 02, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
Someone wants a projection trophy. Let's not. This tantrum too shall pass.
#diligence
10:40 AM - Apr 02, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}