The Spoutonian Film Club
A
I’m wondering what the political leanings of the Spoutonians are on this Beluga? I could be wrong, but it feels heavily Democratic, liberal. If true, is that a future obstacle to building a platform with more diverse voices? Or, is that the objective? Thinking aloud. 🤔
11:54 AM - Apr 02, 2023
M Briatack
A
In response to The Spoutonian Film Club.
02:23 PM - Apr 02, 2023
Angie is Supercalifragilistic…
A
Just saw this at that other place.
12:52 PM - Apr 02, 2023
Halo-Halo w/ All the Sighs
A
In response to Angie is Supercalifragilistic….
We just will take no racism, (among other things) here. Though its very telling what those of their ilk equate with true conservatism.
02:12 PM - Apr 02, 2023
Angie is Supercalifragilistic…
A
I spouted this reply to a similar question. I don’t want an echo chamber either but I do want courteous conversations.
12:25 PM - Apr 02, 2023
Lotusland Comics
A
I imagine we'll see right wingers join but the most toxic wont last because of the protocols here. At least, I would hope so.
12:10 PM - Apr 02, 2023
The Spoutonian Film Club
A
In response to Lotusland Comics.
Yes, agreed. Spoutible is insistent about its users being responsible and respectable towards each other.
12:15 PM - Apr 02, 2023
FirstAmendmentGirl
A
I don't miss the bigots & misogynists at all. Responsible, reasonable diverse voices will find their way here.
12:03 PM - Apr 02, 2023
The Spoutonian Film Club
A
In response to FirstAmendmentGirl.
I don’t miss the bigots, either.
12:07 PM - Apr 02, 2023
Mia W
A
Republican leaning posters aren’t barred from here. But when you can’t interact with people of differing opinions with civility, then Spoutible isn’t for you. Hence, they stay in the bird app or they seek out spaces where they can be rude, crude and combative without fear.
12:02 PM - Apr 02, 2023
The Spoutonian Film Club
A
In response to Mia W.
Yep, opinions tend to be met with personal attacks on the bird. It’s hard to have a nuanced conversation in mere characters. So much gets lost, but an insult is really clear.
12:06 PM - Apr 02, 2023
Mustang Sally
A
Diverse voices are welcome, my understanding, as long as your spouts are respectful. But if you bring the hatred personally, you will be suspended and banned.
12:00 PM - Apr 02, 2023
The Spoutonian Film Club
A
In response to Mustang Sally.
That’s a great message to send to everyone, and to act upon, quickly.
12:02 PM - Apr 02, 2023

Only followers of this user (lyates1994) can see their posts

The Spoutonian Film Club
A
In response to Laurie Y ☕️?.
Yes, I recently had a conversation about the police and the NRA. It was so respectful and interesting, I thanked her for the conversation. 😊
12:01 PM - Apr 02, 2023
Trust Facts
A
This team is supportive of facts and civility. Lies, bullying, and hate are not tolerated for the purpose of "both sides."
11:59 AM - Apr 02, 2023
Rob Roser
A
Personally, I'd like it to be full of decent humans who post and interact in good faith. That is all.
11:58 AM - Apr 02, 2023
The Spoutonian Film Club
A
In response to Rob Roser.
Wouldn’t that be refreshing? 😊
11:59 AM - Apr 02, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}