Mark Hertling
A
In April 2011, I wrote about my experiences with the Russian & Ukrainian army. It provides some insight regarding differences in culture, professionalism and leader vision.

https://www.thebulwark.com...
10:25 AM - Apr 03, 2023
SueBee Honey
A
In response to Mark Hertling.
Fascinating article. Thank you for sharing your insights.
06:58 AM - Nov 18, 2023
Sitara 68
A
I always love your "war stories", sir. Excellent read. Thank you!
03:08 PM - Apr 06, 2023
Timothy Magee
A
Reading this article, I'm not surprised Ukraine is holding strong against Russia. It also instills faith in our military leadership. But I just can't understand how someone like Mike Flynn ever rose to such a high rank given his outrageous actions over the past five years.
05:49 AM - Apr 04, 2023
John Asermely
A
Mark, I’m so glad you’ve decided to join Spoutible! If anyone is interested in following the developments in Ukraine, give MarkHartling a follow!

https://spoutible.com/Mark...
08:26 PM - Apr 03, 2023
Milo Velimirović
A
In response to John Asermely.
Solid, insightful article. Thanks!
09:37 AM - Apr 07, 2023
Michael Raz
A
Thank you General Hertling for the tremendous article. I started my (shorter & far less prestigious) Army career a couple of yrs after you & spent a lot of time training & planning to stop the USSR fm overrunning Europe! I've often wondered if they would have been as successful as we worried about
10:55 AM - Apr 03, 2023
J Dogger
A
This is fascinating. I see you began as a 2nd lieutenant platoon leader, leading tanks on patrols of the then-West German border. What lead you down the Armed Services path?My father flew bombers over the Pacific dur WW2. He began his love of flying working in aircraft garages during the early 30’s
10:44 AM - Apr 03, 2023
Mark Hertling
A
In response to J Dogger.
It all started because I had no money for college, but did have an opportunity to go to West Point.
10:59 AM - Apr 03, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}