Sharon Zimmerman
A
I'm still going down with the ship over on Birdsite, but this, like so many other aspects of social media and the modern-day internet is crossing the streams with other thoughts in my head about how corporations are noting that customer retention is down and I think this is the same problem 1/?
04:09 PM - Apr 03, 2023
Sharon Zimmerman
A
In response to Sharon Zimmerman.
Over the past decade or so, big companies selling online have done things to cut their costs. They offer online chat features that may or may not be a real person or might be a bot that is giving you links to articles that don't help. Some don't even have a number that you can call, but 2/?
04:11 PM - Apr 03, 2023
Sharon Zimmerman
A
Oh yeah you're going to be asked to review the help that you did get. And while in the past these companies might have taken your feedback into consideration, now I suspect that it is just a feature to make you feel like your comment is going somewhere, anywhere 3/?
04:12 PM - Apr 03, 2023
Sharon Zimmerman
A
And this is all before we get into the way that reviews and feedback are counted - often counted for or against the person providing you answers. If a customer service rep provides you with the best service they can within company parameters and if that help doesn't actually help 4/?
04:15 PM - Apr 03, 2023
Sharon Zimmerman
A
You might be tempted to give a negative rating bc you weren't helped. But whoa there Nelly! THat CSR will get in trouble or not get a bonus even though your feedback is about the company and not about the individual. See? Even corporations are individualizing their systemic problems 5/?
04:16 PM - Apr 03, 2023
Sharon Zimmerman
A
Have no idea how to truly thread my spouts yet so lol hope you can find this all. But seriously, it feels like there is room for any company - large or small - to distinguish themselves by actually providing decent, helpful, service while 6/?
04:18 PM - Apr 03, 2023
Sharon Zimmerman
A
providing decent jobs with good pay without penalizing both their employees and their customers. Because right now I have to say, it feels like many companies are distinctly unfriendly and outright hostile towards both their employees and their customers. Like Starbucks union busting while also 7/?
04:21 PM - Apr 03, 2023
Sharon Zimmerman
A
removing seating from a lot of it's locations to curb their use by houseless people. You aren't here to help your employees, and now you aren't here to help your customers, so the question becomes who are you helping? Fin Rant
04:22 PM - Apr 03, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}