Thrive
A
The fact that the powers-that-be at #MSNBC think
#ChrisLHayes 's viewers would be cool with a former chairman of the GOP as guest host for Chris's hour makes me wonder who the hell the powers-that-be ARE at #MSNBC ! JFC!
09:13 PM - Mar 21, 2023
Amylouise Donnelly
A
In response to Thrive.
I haven't been able to watch #MSNBC in 15 years. When we bought our house we decided that standard cable wasn't worth the fee, so we ditched it. I only hear things about this man and don't know him well. I do miss Chris Matthews.

Suppose that makes me a terrible person in some circles. 😥 2 say. 😥
05:58 AM - Apr 03, 2023
Thrive
A
In response to Amylouise Donnelly.
My feeling about Cable News is similar to my view on our 2-Party system. The one with which I am most closely aligned I stay engaged with in order to understand what is making voters believe this or that. If MSNBC fails, I express my displeasure. Turning off MSM cable wouldn't work for me.
11:52 AM - Apr 03, 2023
Thrive
A
In response to Thrive.
When the Cable News "Expats" ask me WHY I keep watching I tell them, "I will want to know why the missiles are landing," if that were to ever happen.

I don't give points to people for deciding not to be consumers of mainstream TV news. That's head-in-the-sand self-protectionism. Which is fine.
12:18 PM - Apr 03, 2023
Thrive
A
In response to Thrive.
Yet if that choice (to not watch MSNBC for 15 years) was the right one...why respond to someone critiquing MSNBC's current editorial decisions? It just always feels that the perspective of MSM TV-haters is something like, "I quit watching and you should too."
12:26 PM - Apr 03, 2023
Amylouise Donnelly
A
In response to Thrive.
In any case, at no time did I even think "I quit watching and you should too". That thought never crossed my mind at all.

Social media are so funny. They allow us to meet people in the blink of an eye, but they also leave room for easy misunderstanding.

Anyway wishing you well. Sincerely. ❤
05:10 PM - Apr 03, 2023
Thrive
A
I know many people who have done precisely what you do. Mainly PBS for their political TV "input." I respect the decision. Part of my interest, though, is seeing the conveyor belts of information moving the narratives to the public.
In response to Amylouise Donnelly.
06:58 PM - Apr 03, 2023
Thrive
A
In response to Thrive.
I *want* MSNBC to be biased, because "both-sidesism" is one of the main things that led to Bernie Sanders' devotees thinking he had a shot in 2016 and hating-on mainstream Demcrats. There are valid reasons to be outraged these days.
07:02 PM - Apr 03, 2023
Thrive
A
In response to Thrive.
The GOP has been taken over by fascists. I don't always feel that PBS' polite, calm tone captures the righteous fury we should be feeling about a President who attempted with Russia's assistance to terminate our Democracy.
07:02 PM - Apr 03, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}