Charles Gaba
A
📣 HEY EVERYONE LOOKING FOR THEIR TWITTER FOLLOWS:

I know there isn't a tool like Debirdify or Movetodon for Spoutible (in fact, they don't even work for Mastodon anymore now that Musk has killed the API), but there *IS* a new tool which does pretty much the same thing!

https://whosum.com/
10:00 AM - Apr 05, 2023
Charles Gaba
A
In response to Charles Gaba.
WhoSum is a Google Chrome extension which scrapes your follower/following lists (or anyone's, really) & stores an archive of accounts with Mastodon accounts in their bios/profiles...HOWEVER, it ALSO lets you search for accounts w/URLs w/*any* phrase, so it works for #Spoutible as well!
10:02 AM - Apr 05, 2023
Charles Gaba
A
As a browser extension it takes a few more steps to set up (you have to pin the extension to your browser header, for instance), but it's very easy to use after that. Here's a quick video explainer: https://youtu.be/BGFnMst3R...
Whosum Social Assistant - YouTube

The Whosum Social Assistant is like a DVR for online social networks. It's a browser extension (Chrome or Edge) brought to you by Positive Sum Networks, Inc....

10:02 AM - Apr 05, 2023
Charles Gaba
A
Here's what it looks like for my own "following" list. Notice how there's a "w/Mastodon" option but there's also a "w/URL" tool. You can filter it as well.

If you check "w/URL" and then enter "spoutible" in the search field, voila!

(if they have more than 1 link in their bio it'll list them al
10:06 AM - Apr 05, 2023
Charles Gaba
A
While it mainly promotes Mastodon, s you can see, it also works for Spoutible, Post, Substack, Patreon...really, any URL that they've included in their profile, though it lists *all* of the URLs if they have more than one (which is a bit irritating but can also be useful as well):
10:07 AM - Apr 05, 2023
Charles Gaba
A
You can scroll your follow list manually or you can set it to auto-scroll & add everyone on the list (that can take awhile for a long list).

In my case, I found:

--199 w/Mastodon accounts in their bio

--12 w/Spoutible accounts in their bio, 5 of whom I wasn't following yet...but am now!
10:09 AM - Apr 05, 2023
Charles Gaba
A
UPDATE: Thanks to @susan for suggesting I test out searching for emojis--sure enough, searching for the 🐳 emoji does indeed bring up 1 account I follow which has a Spoutible account!

(I'm already following that account & she has the full link as well, but you get the point)
06:55 PM - Apr 05, 2023
Erika Geiss
A
You are amazing & always full of such useful information! So glad you’re here too!
09:13 PM - Apr 05, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}