Rebecca Pompano
A
So tired of Twitter, but where is my #ScienceSpouts community? Would people like a little science in their feed? From me it would be things like #Immunology #Chemistry #bioengineering , but I'd love to see others on #climatechange and #PublicHealth !
10:30 PM - Apr 05, 2023
Barbara Seiders
A
In response to Rebecca Pompano.
Hi, Rebecca! Welcome! I don't post much about science, but I should! PhD chemist, former AAAS STP Diplomacy Fellow, currently working on a novel about a global pandemic - measles! Well, actually, I should spend more time writing it and less on social media. :D
10:36 PM - Apr 05, 2023
Rebecca Pompano
A
Thank you! That sounds like a fascinating novel. I nearly did a AAAS fellowship years ago... ended up as a professor instead, but I still am super interested in science policy and communication, especially around vaccination. Nice to meet you!
In response to Barbara Seiders.
10:39 PM - Apr 05, 2023
Barbara Seiders
A
In response to Rebecca Pompano.
It was an outstanding opportunity. The program welcomes scientists at all stages of their career so when you need a change of pace in a few years, I definitely recommend it.

You might like the book - the whole point is about the importance of vaccination, with science and fiction woven together.
10:55 PM - Apr 05, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}