Thurgood Du Bois
A
I remember listening to Dr. Rev William Barber give a speech in 2017 or 2018 about why this is the 3rd Reconstruction happening now.

One thing I took away from that was we have to vote in high numbers for like 6-8 years to see change. Just like South Africa did in the 90s.
02:13 PM - Apr 06, 2023

Only followers of this user (DJay7000) can see their posts

John Colagioia
A
In response to Thurgood Du Bois.
It'll also take a lot more than voting. I always say that, if your elected officials don't at LEAST roll their eyes when they hear your name, then you're not sending them enough (paper) mail or meeting with them nearly often enough.

And if you don't tell them what you want, someone else will gues
03:01 PM - Apr 06, 2023
Thurgood Du Bois
A
In response to John Colagioia.
03:06 PM - Apr 06, 2023
🤘 Raymond M. Black 🤘 🐉
A
When I tried to bring that up on another forum, I was belittled & told "you don't know WHY they're not voting". I was talking about Idaho, which had a 25% turn out rate for REGISTERED, not just eligible, voters. You can't expect change if you don't vote. An OK candidate is better than a perfect one.
02:45 PM - Apr 06, 2023
Thurgood Du Bois
A
In response to 🤘 Raymond M. Black 🤘 🐉.
People don't vote for various reasons. Just like people don't buy certain things. They don't see the value in it. Some will value the power of the vote of taught and some won't.

But as you said, nothing will change if you stay at home. Nothing.
02:51 PM - Apr 06, 2023
Pam Sourelis
A
I bought his book The Third Reconstruction a few years ago, and just realized it's still in the To-Read pile. Thank you for the reminder!
02:32 PM - Apr 06, 2023
Thurgood Du Bois
A
In response to Pam Sourelis.
Hey hey hey 😂 📚
02:37 PM - Apr 06, 2023
Ground Control
A
I'd say 10 to 12 years myself but yeah...no letup now when they're getting THIS brazen.
02:22 PM - Apr 06, 2023
brash
A
Complex. Correct.
02:14 PM - Apr 06, 2023
Thurgood Du Bois
A
In response to brash.
All it takes is a national movement. They don't happen overnight but the organizing starts with the people.

But somehow some people think politicians push the movement when it's the other way around.
02:18 PM - Apr 06, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}