speedwagon
A
This new report about Clarence Thomas' corruption is breathtaking. Like many GOP elites, he seems to think that the rules simply don't apply to him. Unfortunately, when it comes to judicial norms & ethics for SCOTUS justices, that is often true. But in this case it appears he actually broke the law.
R o K p h i s h @RoKphish
"For over 20 years, Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas has been treated to luxury vacations by billionaire Republican donor Harlan Crow"

https://www.propublica.org...
10:27 AM - Apr 06, 2023
12:54 PM - Apr 06, 2023
Tim Graf
A
In response to speedwagon.
Agreed, but as I asked earlier on my timeline (which I'm sure you didn't see), if the DOJ "can't" investigate or charge a sitting President, would it be possible for them to investigate a sitting justice? Impeachment would be appropriate IMO, but under the current House, it's highly unlikely.
03:16 PM - Apr 06, 2023
speedwagon
A
There's no rule saying DOJ can't investigate a sitting president. The Mueller probe is just one example. There IS a policy that says DOJ can't indict one, but even that is not settled law. As for SCOTUS justices, since Thomas appears to have broken the law, the DOJ can (and should!) investigate him.
In response to Tim Graf.
04:12 PM - Apr 06, 2023
Tim Graf
A
In response to speedwagon.
Thank you. I was conflating investigate with indict, mostly because I was trusting my memory. At my age, I can't do that.
04:20 PM - Apr 06, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}