Zeketayler
A
We have to do EXACTLY what Republicans spent decades doing. Get Democratic majorities in the State Legislature, Democratic Governors, so we can end racist gerrymandering so we can elect more Federal Democrats. All politics is local. Brick by brick we rebuild. We have to reinvest in Democracy NOW.
08:03 PM - Apr 07, 2023 (Edited)
Mark Jolliff
A
In response to Zeketayler.
In rural America, I suspect that this needs to start at the local level, school boards, town councils, etc. There are extreme difficulties in doing this. Rural America has been ignored by the Democratic Party. Their best and brightest almost always move away. Religious leaders promote ignorance. ••
11:08 PM - Oct 21, 2023
#Glassbydeanna
A
Democracy is not a spectator sport. Some folks relaxed and enjoyed their lives and forgot. The opportunists have shown that was an error
12:40 PM - Oct 18, 2023
Linda Careaga
A
I would love for that to happen in Missouri but Republicans have a super majority in the legislature here and they are trying to kill off all our rights. We have only succeeded in overturning their plans by ballot initiatives so now they are trying to take that away from us.
08:25 AM - Aug 06, 2023
Jerry Wechsler
A
In response to Linda Careaga.
😧
10:32 PM - Oct 21, 2023
Mark Jolliff
A
In response to Linda Careaga.
Yep. And don't always allow the ballot initiatives to take effect. Or just ignore them.
10:56 PM - Oct 21, 2023
JC_🇺🇸
A
It goes even deeper... Secretaries of State, Mayors, County Commissioners, School Board Members, you name it. Their scheme, expressed publicly, is to occupy every seat from the bottom up.

So... #VoteBlue in EVERY election!
06:19 AM - Apr 08, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
Yes, a big part of Republicans' success is that while Democrats were focussed on winning Federal elections, Republicans were chipping away at the foundations at the state level, where so much of US government, including our election system, is controlled. We need to rebuild those foundations
08:59 PM - Apr 07, 2023
Deborah Conway
A
In response to Anton Brakhage.
Yes very true! ugh!
06:57 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Susan Simon
A
Recruit candidates everywhere and I'll keep sending what $$ however small. THis is exactly what I've been saying for a decade. I want to live to see empathetic folks win at every level.
08:56 PM - Apr 07, 2023
Deborah Conway
A
In response to Susan Simon.
Absolutely ( that’s why the campaign run for something is so important).
06:58 PM - Aug 19, 2023
C suzie
A
Absolutely!
08:12 PM - Apr 07, 2023
Kris Y
A
And y'all need to be a candidate. I'm too old.
08:11 PM - Apr 07, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}