Yimi_Kyrabo
A
The more I hear about Tennessee house republicans, the angrier I become. Peeing in a coworker's chair and having one sit in a closet. Suggesting lynchings as a punishment. One referred to himself as an over-seer, another threatens to hold funding for public projects in brown districts.
11:59 AM - Apr 08, 2023
Kathleen Dennis
A
In response to Yimi_Kyrabo.
I too was shocked at the language "over-seer" straight out of slave owners handbook, and lynching as a death penalty option. This just turns my stomach. I wish I were somewhere close so I could go protest with the TennesseeThree.
01:42 PM - Apr 08, 2023
Love Miracles
B
Gross!
Can't these people find their hearts?
01:33 PM - Apr 08, 2023
From NY to GA
A
I did some digging and the “peeing in the seat” issue was between two members of the TNGOP in 2019.
12:32 PM - Apr 08, 2023
Yimi_Kyrabo
A
In response to From NY to GA.
Amazing.
12:40 PM - Apr 08, 2023
CPfromCA
A
For @ least 2 yrs I frequently posted on the dead bird how truly horrible the TN Governor & many GOP politicians were, to no avail. I kept saying things were worse in TN than either FL or TX, but again radio silence.
Why do folks need to publicly witness the worst in real time to pay attention?
12:25 PM - Apr 08, 2023
Yimi_Kyrabo
A
In response to CPfromCA.
Great question. We tend to always want to see a smoking gun... and often, the wait and search for said gun is what kills us.
12:28 PM - Apr 08, 2023
Tamara E
A
Wait. An adult, a Republican adult, peed in someone’s chair? Not only racist, but uncouth.
12:22 PM - Apr 08, 2023
Yimi_Kyrabo
A
In response to Tamara E.
Yes. This has been reported and multiple TN house democrats are claiming it's true. There are so many more bad deeds.
12:26 PM - Apr 08, 2023
J J
A
Article out todays says unnamed GOP legislators referred to Brother Jones as a “baboon”. This is before Brother Jones was elected, and while he was an activist in Nashville after George Floyd was murdered. They have despised him way before he was elected.
12:20 PM - Apr 08, 2023
Yimi_Kyrabo
A
In response to J J.
Easy to believe. It's becoming clearer to me that TN house republicans, ran the place with the arrogance and confidence of noted slaveowners.
12:31 PM - Apr 08, 2023
Lisa W FirstWave
A
2) day they went to work. This was a boiling point! That’s why they both laid it out on the line so the world could understand the everyday stress they had to deal with. Feeling powerless! Everything happens for a reason and I am so happy it happened Live and in the open so everyone can witness it.
12:18 PM - Apr 08, 2023
Lisa W FirstWave
A
Now, just imagine having to go to work everyday and have to deal with the vile whispers, speeches and those who are emboldened to speak evil openly without consequences. Speaking down to them as boys and not men. The person in charged is the leader of that hate. They must have felt miserable every -
12:17 PM - Apr 08, 2023
Debbie Blair
A
It is just horrible! I had not heard some of these incidents- WTF is wrong with people? No compassion, no empathy. How did people get so selfish and hateful?
12:13 PM - Apr 08, 2023
Yimi_Kyrabo
A
In response to Debbie Blair.
SMH. We need a revolution.
12:32 PM - Apr 08, 2023
Kirk Taylor
A
We often reference "rape culture" when speaking about the way certain men view women. The TN GOP is an example of "slavery culture". The way they treat poc in their own midst is mind boggling and infuriating.
12:10 PM - Apr 08, 2023
Yimi_Kyrabo
A
In response to Kirk Taylor.
Perfectly stated. That's exactly how I've felt about how the TN house is apparently ran... with the arrogance and confidence of slave masters.
12:33 PM - Apr 08, 2023
junerose32
B
In response to Kirk Taylor.
Yes, not only did they not like the objection to guns but they did not like the TONE of these young, black, men who were elected to serve. Not enough deference, literally one said "uppity" of their behavior. This is racist fascism playing out in front of our eyes.
12:47 PM - Apr 08, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}