Yimi_Kyrabo
A
The more I hear about Tennessee house republicans, the angrier I become. Peeing in a coworker's chair and having one sit in a closet. Suggesting lynchings as a punishment. One referred to himself as an over-seer, another threatens to hold funding for public projects in brown districts.
11:59 AM - Apr 08, 2023
Kirk Taylor
A
In response to Yimi_Kyrabo.
We often reference "rape culture" when speaking about the way certain men view women. The TN GOP is an example of "slavery culture". The way they treat poc in their own midst is mind boggling and infuriating.
12:10 PM - Apr 08, 2023
junerose32
B
Yes, not only did they not like the objection to guns but they did not like the TONE of these young, black, men who were elected to serve. Not enough deference, literally one said "uppity" of their behavior. This is racist fascism playing out in front of our eyes.
In response to Kirk Taylor.
12:47 PM - Apr 08, 2023
Kirk Taylor
A
In response to junerose32.
"Slavery culture" also explains, to me at least, why they were in such a goddamn hurry to act. This was an existential emergency to them, more pressing than anything related to their constituents' needs. Just about 'preserving order'.
May I scream now?
05:08 PM - Apr 08, 2023
junerose32
B
In response to Kirk Taylor.
Yes! And please, scream now. 😱 They were astonished that those men got "uppity" and planned to crush them. The only good thing is that in their haste they exposed their vile bigotry and their complete lack of concern for 3 slaughtered 9 year olds and those who tried to educate them.
07:01 AM - Apr 09, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}