Christopher Bouzy
A
At no point did we request "professional artists." Anyone can submit a design, and if someone thinks $500 and bragging rights aren't enough, they do not have to participate. I am not sure why some folks have to turn something that is supposed to be fun and inclusive into something it's not.

This spout was deleted.

11:13 AM - Apr 09, 2023
Josol
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
As my mom used to say “the road to hell is paved with good intentions”. You try to do something fun and inclusive for everyone and people twist it around. Good for you for trying to pick the winner from within the site. Makes it more interesting and fun!
07:23 PM - Apr 10, 2023 (Edited)
Nancy Kurinec
A
Exactly where do we "designers" submit our entries? I'm not an artist but do dabble with paint shop for fun and would like to take a stab at this.
01:40 PM - Apr 09, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
In response to Nancy Kurinec.
Reply to the original thread with your design(s).
01:45 PM - Apr 09, 2023
Stephie Lynn
A
Welcome to running a social media platform! It will always be filled with complainers. Tune at the noise, do it how you want to, it's been great so far.
01:16 PM - Apr 09, 2023
L B
A
THIS IS NOT RIGHT @CBOUZY ! I've zero artistic skills of any kind...I lack talent in all fields. Why can't I make $500 USD too? THIS CONTEST IS NOT INCLUSIVE.
01:14 PM - Apr 09, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
In response to L B.
😅😜
01:42 PM - Apr 09, 2023
ميجان the Librarian
A
I love the idea of this contest! I’m excited for it
12:53 PM - Apr 09, 2023
justJulie
B
Oh my goodness. It is not an opinion contest. It's a contest. If you want to participate, do so. If you don't, then don't. Why is it there are always some who have to shit on a parade?
12:50 PM - Apr 09, 2023
Stewart Tan
A
Agree...perhaps they are misreading the intent of the contest (engagement/crowdsource vs. "cheap labor") 🤷

Personally, I thought the logo looks good (then again, I wouldn't put my name and "artist" in the same sentence).
12:46 PM - Apr 09, 2023
Ale Am
A
Some people live like they get oxygen from complaining and always trying to break the flow. Unfortunately it is in their nature to always try to interfere when someone, in this case many of us, are building something.
They seem to struggle to see others create something good positive 💙 🐳 💙
11:42 AM - Apr 09, 2023
Barry Ostrowsky
A
You can always count on someone bitching about something. Sounds like a great idea and fun. Unfortunately I have no artistic talent but if I did I would be happy to participate. As with everything in life, if it's not for you don't participate, but don't rain on everyone else's parade just STFU.
11:34 AM - Apr 09, 2023
Shinobi411
A
In response to Barry Ostrowsky.
🎯
02:13 PM - Apr 09, 2023
Elle Smith
A
I guess it's all a matter of perspective. I read it and thought, "Wow, how cool!" In addition, I applaud the inclusivity because anyone can enter, not just professionals. Thanks for providing the opportunity to the community!
11:30 AM - Apr 09, 2023
Stefen Tower
A
Objectively, there are useful points on both sides of this coin. Professional groups work against exploitation, and they should, but at the same time, this contest is open to casual designers who just want to have some fun.
11:26 AM - Apr 09, 2023
PS Annie
A
Some folks just have a compulsive need to yuck other people's yum, Chris. It's weird.
11:19 AM - Apr 09, 2023
Rachel LeDoux
A
In response to PS Annie.
I'm stealing that phase as it is so true! There's always at least 1 that turns a positive into POS instead
11:35 AM - Apr 09, 2023
Pinky Donaldson
B
I think this contest is a good idea; stop nitpicking. Christopher trying to build a platform; let's support what he is trying to do.
11:19 AM - Apr 09, 2023
Jacquelyn G.
A
Because people gonna people. There are those who believe EVERYTHING is about them and have a child’s desire to stick their fingers in ALL the dang pies.
11:17 AM - Apr 09, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}