Erin Oliver
A
So I've decided to run for my local school board. Any advice, tips, ideas for campaigning? Going up against an incumbent who doesn't add much value to board but is a coach in district. And another who is a retired school teacher. 2 seats are open. We don't think M4L are running. TIA #runforsomething
03:04 PM - Apr 09, 2023
Gretchen Brahm
A
In response to Erin Oliver.
I helped run a school board campaign almost 2 years ago. Some tips: have a clear, consistent message. It should be at most 3 main goals. Make sure you start finding some volunteers NOW, including people who can help with the graphic design aspects of logos, websites, yard signs, social media posts..
11:35 PM - Apr 09, 2023
Gretchen Brahm
A
In response to Gretchen Brahm.
Find some good people who can help run your campaign. They'll be behind the scenes organizing your volunteers. I cannot say enough about volunteers. Boots on the ground to door knock, canvass, etc.

Get out to events. Hold them yourself. Be visible. TALK TO TEACHERS. They need to have a voice.
11:37 PM - Apr 09, 2023
Fumie Ichikawa
A
Congrats on your decision to run. I work for a district and my colleague ran and won in an adjacent district where she resides. One can’t run for a board seat if you work for the same district here after a recent change. I’ll check and see if she’s willing to connect.
03:40 PM - Apr 09, 2023
Kai Hagen
A
Kudos for jumping in.
03:06 PM - Apr 09, 2023
Kai Hagen
A
In response to Kai Hagen.
When is the election? Is it a non-partisan race?
03:09 PM - Apr 09, 2023
Merci Merci Me
A
03:06 PM - Apr 09, 2023
Erin Oliver
A
In response to Merci Merci Me.
Thanks!
03:15 PM - Apr 09, 2023
Gray Since 97
A