stephanie roberts
A
I am not going to be bamboozled by the "well-regulated militia" arguments. Modernity has made the 2nd Ammendment obsolete and dangerous for a long time. The framers of the Constitution thought I was an animal. I don't give a fuck about their original intentions.
gdavidbrown @gdavidbrown
When someone says something is not to be questioned. you should get clear of that person as quickly as you can. The 2nd Amendment is in need of a re-write given today's environment.
01:03 PM - Apr 10, 2023
02:29 PM - Apr 10, 2023
Stewart Tan
A
In response to stephanie roberts.
They also ignored the "well-regulated" part of 2A.

Imagine if they had to be part of the National Guard and have to undergo yearly training. Guessing they won't be so gung-ho about it...
08:27 PM - Aug 28, 2023
Craig Wiesner
A
My column on this subject in the San Mateo Daily Journal https://www.smdailyjournal...
03:43 PM - Aug 05, 2023
stephanie roberts
A
In response to Craig Wiesner.
thanks for sharing this. you argue for reasonableness and it seems the reasonable compose the majority of the electorate. my hope is for a legislature with the courage and votes to finally do the right thing, politically overpower unfettered 2A nutters.
04:05 PM - Aug 05, 2023
William Turner
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
08:51 PM - Jul 21, 2023
stephanie roberts
A
In response to William Turner.
both sides of US politics weirdly buy into its inerrant nature with GOPs saying it means unfettered guns guns guns and liberals talking about what a regulated militia really means.
12:26 AM - Jul 22, 2023
Goose
A
This is really an aside, because I agree with your point completely, but I feel like “they thought I was an animal” is, if anything, *too* forgiving. They knew you were a person and didn’t care, which is exponentially worse, because it shows malice and not just ignorance.
07:26 PM - Apr 16, 2023
stephanie roberts
A
In response to Goose.
potato patato 😘
07:35 PM - Apr 16, 2023
Nefarious Newt
A
We have a standing army, nuclear weapons, and every state has a National Guard. The purpose behind the Second Amendment is now moot. It should simply be repealed, like prohibition was when that turned out to be a bad idea.
04:23 PM - Apr 16, 2023
Chris Young (he/his/him)
A
In response to Nefarious Newt.
100%
04:15 PM - Jun 29, 2023
Beth Dee
A
In response to Nefarious Newt.
That was my thought exactly. Our government has a nuclear arsenal. Do we all get a nuke then? It’s absurd. The MAGA masses that spout this nonsense couldn’t tell you why the founders were so paranoid when they’re so busy worshiping the exact kind of man the founders wanted protection from.
09:50 PM - Apr 27, 2024
Irminsul Harp
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
04:13 PM - Apr 16, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}