Sharon Zimmerman
A
One thing that I will continue to shout lovingly at all small business owners is that while social media is a great place to be discovered, you still need a brand story & content that you own on your website. Don't let social media (or Etsy btw) control the whole story of your business 1/?
01:27 PM - Apr 12, 2023
Sharon Zimmerman
A
In response to Sharon Zimmerman.
And I do say this with a lot of love! Because I do love some of these platforms. I love that it's a way for us to connect. And also, lots of these platforms control what your followers see (not Spoutible as far as I can tell) by inserting an algorithm between you and your audience. 2/?
01:28 PM - Apr 12, 2023
Sharon Zimmerman
A
I remember when Meta platforms were actually great and that you could leverage them for your business. And I am not saying "Don't use social media!" I'm saying that your business deserves to be multi-faceted so it can withstand any one of these platforms shitting the bed - a la the bird app 3/?
01:32 PM - Apr 12, 2023
Sharon Zimmerman
A
Anyway, I have been shouting this with love for a while now, and I wrote this a few years ago when all of the Meta platforms went dark for hours and lots of creatives realized that they didn't have a backup.
https://www.sharonz-consulting.com/the-jewelry-guide/what-to-do-when-social-media-goes-down
01:34 PM - Apr 12, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}