Huxenstein
A
I'm a teacher, and I don't know how much more plainly I can put this

Teachers and teachers unions are not the enemy

The enemy is a system that robs our children of a great education and our teachers of a decent salary
10:52 PM - Apr 12, 2023
Fern Lovebond (they/them)
A
In response to Huxenstein.
Apparently we're more concerned with making balls do things.

https://spoutible.com/thre...
09:32 PM - Dec 09, 2023
David Ginsberg
A
A system born of more than 50 years of conservative activism intended from the start to dumb down the populous enough that the GOP could dupe them into voting them into power. It was the only path to power for a minority party at odds with the interests of the majority.
01:06 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Anastasia Joy
A
Republicans always tack on the work "union" when they want to attack teachers w/o letting on that teachers unions ARE teachers & that they are often the ones on the front lines of caring about kids when no one else does & providing them with a quality education.
11:26 AM - Aug 13, 2023
Leon CeCe
B
When corrupt individuals are involve.
06:26 PM - Jul 25, 2023
Beth
C
My sister is a 7th-grade teacher, so I understand all of that. She hasn't quit and gone in some other direction because she has a genuine passion for education, but that doesn't pay the bills OR protect you from an AR-15.
07:26 AM - Jul 13, 2023
Anne Lutz Fernandez
A
07:49 AM - Apr 13, 2023
Sonia C
A
Yes! I’ve been preaching that teachers/education is a pillar of any great society. We are hamstringing our teachers and are not allowing them to teach. There is too much emphasis on scores. Not to mention the abysmal pay. 😔
I was a teacher and have two children that currently teach.
10:58 PM - Apr 12, 2023
Huxenstein
A
In response to Sonia C.
absolutely!
11:10 PM - Apr 12, 2023
Anastasia Joy
A
In response to Sonia C.
I'm tired of the attacks on teachers, a job so difficult I could never imagine doing it. When I grew up it was the only option for women & I had no skill for it so it left me adrift. We always thank military for their service. We should be thanking teachers w/o whom we have nothing worth defending.
11:28 AM - Aug 13, 2023
Stewart Tan
A
And as the saying goes, you get what you pay for.

If children are supposed to be the most important person in one's life, why would you skimp on paying the people that will be most influential in their formative years?
10:58 PM - Apr 12, 2023
Huxenstein
A
In response to Stewart Tan.
Yes!
11:10 PM - Apr 12, 2023
Irminsul Harp
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
10:54 PM - Apr 12, 2023
Huxenstein
A
In response to Irminsul Harp.
Absolutely!
11:11 PM - Apr 12, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}