Laura Spouts N Spurts
A
In response to Steve Marmel.
ER Nurse weighing in. No way for me to tell the immigration status of a patient. Nor do I want or need to know. I do run across a few entitled patients and family who act as if they have arrive at a deli and their number is next to be served. People who delay care, for many reasons are forced here.
12:32 AM - Apr 15, 2023
eTrix☮️❤️?
A
I’m sure she interrogated everyone in the waiting room 🙄
11:55 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Mad Mardigan
A
In response to eTrix☮️❤️?.
How else is she going to find out their immigration status/s
12:12 AM - Apr 15, 2023
Little Moon
A
Maybe the solution 'they' are working on is to help all those 'illegal immigrants' get better health care instead of having to wait for hours in an ER room. Maybe she really was working on a solution to help others?...nah...I think i just had a stroke. I think I'm ok now.
11:36 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Laura Ward
A
If I were undocumented, I can't imagine going to an ER unless I was on death's door, for fear of being turned over by the medical staff. I'm more likely to believe that the good Doc here automatically equates "various shades of non-white" with "illegal."
11:07 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Mindy!!!
A
Of course she saw their papers. They were definitely "illegal immigrants." Not just people she decided "looked Mexican."
11:02 PM - Apr 14, 2023

Only followers of this user (RetiredLibrarian) can see their posts

Mindy!!!
A
In response to Read aBannedBook.
This is where all that medical racism comes from.
11:03 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Diana Beach
A
Oh gawd! I had a relative in San Diego say the same thing when she took her husband to the ER. “Filled with illegals” - how would you even know that? Were you in there checking ID’s and green cards?? Racist AF!! 😡
10:56 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Mindy!!!
A
In response to Diana Beach.
People always think California "isn't like that." I lived there for 10 years. It is.
11:05 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Josol
A
Never in my life until the Covid shutdown have I seen so many narcissists. What the heck happened to everyone??
10:56 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Mindy!!!
A
In response to Josol.
White supremacy.
11:03 PM - Apr 14, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}