Christopher Bouzy
A
Echoes work the same as retweets work on Twitter. My suggestion is to follow more people. The more people you follow, the more unique content you will see.
Goose @Goose
Incidentally, I see a lot of complaints from folks about echoing dominating their timelines, and I agree it can be frustrating when copies of the same spout flood out other content. It would be nice if echoing just bumped a spout to the top of our timeline, but didn’t create duplicates.
05:55 AM - Apr 15, 2023
06:17 AM - Apr 15, 2023
Joe Murphy
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
I have noticed most of the spouters have a higher ratio of spouters following them, than they do of people they follow back...not going to get much engagement on here if people are not following back
07:53 AM - Apr 15, 2023
uOMi
A
I don’t follow those with 0 spouts.

I am interested in engagement

I don’t follow those that mainly echo.

I highly value unique, personal content..
In response to Joe Murphy.
11:27 AM - Apr 15, 2023
Joe Murphy
A
In response to uOMi.
With respect I was not talking about criterion of why or what reasons we all have to follow someone. I am saying engagement will be negatively affected when the majority of spouters on this site do not follow back. When I go thru suggested follows a full 70% have more followers than they follow back
01:10 PM - Apr 15, 2023
uOMi
A
In response to Joe Murphy.
Respectfully, I offered my reasons for not simply following back but screening spouters first and applying my criteria for following or not.
04:25 PM - Apr 15, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}