Christopher Bouzy
A
Echoes work the same as retweets work on Twitter. My suggestion is to follow more people. The more people you follow, the more unique content you will see.
Goose @Goose
05:55 AM - Apr 15, 2023
06:17 AM - Apr 15, 2023
Caryl D
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
I am glad for the echoes pointing out new spouts to me.
It is the accounts with zero original spouts and only echoes or echoes with links to tweets that I steer clear of
12:02 PM - Aug 08, 2023

Only followers of this user (Goose) can see their posts

Pamela Gee
A
In response to Goose.
In the Timeline setting I turn off Echoes and Splashbacks (and sometimes news
01:10 PM - Nov 09, 2023 (Edited)
Alyce Miller
A
HELP!!! How do you access replies to other people's spouts?
09:11 AM - Apr 15, 2023
Pamela Gee
A
In response to Alyce Miller.
I click on the text of their spout, then scroll down to see what's shown below the spout
01:12 PM - Nov 09, 2023
George Bishop
A
Just like "likes" show a few icons then a list of people you follow that liked something, could it not be done the same for echoes?
09:03 AM - Apr 15, 2023
ElleBee
A
Retweets on the bird site also create duplicates in my feed, it's no different really, and you also see the same content on Facebook coming up from several accounts. Maybe seems more dominant here as posts a bit larger than Twitter? And user base smaller? Duplicates might thin out as it grows
08:21 AM - Apr 15, 2023
Crystal Moore, PhD
A
I think you may not understand the concern, which I share. On Twitter, I see one tweet with the number of times it has been retweeted. Here I see each of those as separate spouts from each person I follow. It gets redundant—and a bit irritating.

- A generally happy & grateful #FirstWaveSpoutible
08:04 AM - Apr 15, 2023
Mynxie
A
In response to Crystal Moore, PhD.
Just follow a wider variety of people and if your Timeline gets repetitive, just hit Explore instead. I LOVE Explore bc it shows the spouts of everyone, as they happen--both people I follow AND those I don't. It's a win-win!!
09:24 AM - Apr 15, 2023
Crystal Moore, PhD
A
In response to Crystal Moore, PhD.
Again, I don’t think you’re understanding concern that I & others share. It doesn’t matter what Twitter did or how small our user base is. Current user experience suffering from seeing the same spout from each indiv when they echo. Don’t want MORE content from more users-just less redundancy.
02:08 PM - Apr 15, 2023
Amylouise Donnelly
A
At some point, though I know there are engineering challenges for this, I would like to make another request for a mute button.

I like the halfway point of being able to quiet some people without punishing them for posting destructive content.

There's a difference. An important one.
07:53 AM - Apr 15, 2023
Julie Postlewait
A
In response to Amylouise Donnelly.
I agree with this. There are some I just don't want to see/hear, yet don't want to insult them with a block. I'd call it a kindness feature.
07:59 AM - Apr 15, 2023
Joe Murphy
A
I have noticed most of the spouters have a higher ratio of spouters following them, than they do of people they follow back...not going to get much engagement on here if people are not following back
07:53 AM - Apr 15, 2023
uOMi
A
In response to Joe Murphy.
I don’t follow those with 0 spouts.

I am interested in engagement

I don’t follow those that mainly echo.

I highly value unique, personal content..
11:27 AM - Apr 15, 2023
Julie
A
Does Spoutible limit the number of the same echoed posts that show up? I’ve been reluctant to echo because I don’t want to add to duplicated posts.
07:52 AM - Apr 15, 2023
Ethelred Busybody
A
I thought, and I may be wrong, if more than one of your followers retweeted the same tweet, there was a list of people on the one retweet, not multiple retweets shown. So you would see just one tweet, with a list of followers who had retweeted it - x, y and z retweeted.
06:51 AM - Apr 15, 2023
Bren
A
This seems so simple to me. Follow follow follow and one might be blocked blocked blocked but follow follow follow anyway.
06:30 AM - Apr 15, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}