Christopher Bouzy
A
Echoes work the same as retweets work on Twitter. My suggestion is to follow more people. The more people you follow, the more unique content you will see.
Goose @Goose
Incidentally, I see a lot of complaints from folks about echoing dominating their timelines, and I agree it can be frustrating when copies of the same spout flood out other content. It would be nice if echoing just bumped a spout to the top of our timeline, but didn’t create duplicates.
05:55 AM - Apr 15, 2023
06:17 AM - Apr 15, 2023
Crystal Moore, PhD
A
I think you may not understand the concern, which I share. On Twitter, I see one tweet with the number of times it has been retweeted. Here I see each of those as separate spouts from each person I follow. It gets redundant—and a bit irritating.

- A generally happy & grateful #FirstWaveSpoutible
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
08:04 AM - Apr 15, 2023
Crystal Moore, PhD
A
In response to Crystal Moore, PhD.
Again, I don’t think you’re understanding concern that I & others share. It doesn’t matter what Twitter did or how small our user base is. Current user experience suffering from seeing the same spout from each indiv when they echo. Don’t want MORE content from more users-just less redundancy.
02:08 PM - Apr 15, 2023
Mynxie
A
Just follow a wider variety of people and if your Timeline gets repetitive, just hit Explore instead. I LOVE Explore bc it shows the spouts of everyone, as they happen--both people I follow AND those I don't. It's a win-win!!
09:24 AM - Apr 15, 2023
Mynxie
A
On twitter if the people you follow are the ones that RTed that tweet, your timeline there would be filled with that same tweet too--or would have before Old Musty took over.

As Christopher said, it's because there is no algorithm here & the user base is small. Follow more people for more variety
09:21 AM - Apr 15, 2023
Diane Turner
A
If you want more varied content you need to follow more peeps!!! You are putting yourself in an echo chamber.
09:11 AM - Apr 15, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
Agreed. The redundancy has led me to unfollow many people over time and choose not to follow back new followers. Early on I couldn't keep up, even with less than 200 follows, so the uniqueness was lost anyway.
08:22 AM - Apr 15, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}