ANGELA FULLER
A
I really want people to stop downplaying this violence with "fear" and "age" quantifiers, unless they give equal (or more) weight to "its the guns" and "racism" - a more truthful narrative. Andrew Lester is NOT a victim. https://www.npr.org/2023/0...
08:29 AM - Apr 18, 2023
Miss Ann
A
In response to ANGELA FULLER.
As a culture, we have to save ourselves from these Gun Culture Shooters. They are a danger to everyone, including their own friends and neighbors, but especially those who they have profiled.
11:42 PM - Apr 19, 2023
Carla Hurst
A
I agree.

Another problem is guns and anger/paranoia.

Since this child's shooting there have been two additional shootings. A 20 year old woman who was lost and turned into a driveway and was shot to death...and two cheerleaders last night who inadvertently opened the wrong car door.
11:29 AM - Apr 19, 2023
ANGELA FULLER
A
In response to Carla Hurst.
there have actually been more, but these were the two that made the news. Yes, it is and always will be #ItsTheGuns
11:41 AM - Apr 19, 2023
Reet Petite
A
We narrowly avoided a tragedy like this. My cousin’s 80+ dad watches FOX News 24-7, growing ever frailer & more paranoid in his suburban home filled w/ guns. He slapped a trick-or-treating kid who came to his door on Halloween! Thankfully we got him into a nursing home before he shot at someone
10:23 AM - Apr 19, 2023
ANGELA FULLER
A
In response to Reet Petite.
Good Lord! I'm glad there was family to intervene. FOX needs to go!
11:43 AM - Apr 19, 2023
Lightly Salted
A
I was also annoyed by the wording when I listened this morning. It lent credence to the notion that there was a reason to be fearful

At the very least, they could have said he claimed to be frightened.
10:18 AM - Apr 19, 2023
ANGELA FULLER
A
In response to Lightly Salted.
Or described him as an unfortunate FOX viewer...
11:44 AM - Apr 19, 2023
Trust Facts
A
Even if he is old and was scared, if he did this he should be put away somewhere so that he can't hurt anyone else.

I'm old and don't shoot people, but if I did, I hope someone would keep me from repeating that.
10:05 AM - Apr 19, 2023
ANGELA FULLER
A
In response to Trust Facts.
I don't need him put away somewhere, but I do think he's a perfect example of someone who should not be allowed to have guns in his residence. And they better have made that a condition of his release!
11:46 AM - Apr 19, 2023
Portia McGonagal
A
This man made a choice. I don't care whether he's 108. He chose to pick up that weapon and use it. And if his people are going to argue cognitive impairment, they should have taken his guns long before.
09:38 AM - Apr 19, 2023
Michael Allbritton
A
In response to Portia McGonagal.
I agree. That man did not have to pick up a gun to answer the door. Hell, he didn't even have to answer the door.

No. He wanted to shoot someone and "by gawd" he was gonna use that gun! Throw the book at him.
10:13 AM - Apr 19, 2023
William Turner
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
09:09 AM - Apr 19, 2023
Grandma Sharon
A
Yes! We have to help change that narrative.
09:04 AM - Apr 19, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}