Dave Painchaud
A
They can try to sugarcoat this on MSNBC all they want, but the Dominion settlement is extremely disappointing. The could have had them, but in the end… they were bought off. I get the reasoning, but there were bigger issues here and the people lost today.
05:52 PM - Apr 18, 2023
Retropian
B
In response to Dave Painchaud.
I agree. But it wasn’t really dominions task to bring down fox, only to seek relief for being defamed. Going to trial was purely to pressure fox to pony up an acceptable settlement offer. It’s up to us to demand truth and accountability from the media.
06:07 PM - Apr 18, 2023
Dave Painchaud
A
In response to Retropian.
I agree - a completely fair point. And yes, it’s up to us, but since we’re not doing a great job of demanding better media… I was hoping that more would be extracted from Fox (and not financially).
06:16 PM - Apr 18, 2023
Retropian
B
In response to Dave Painchaud.
Yeah, I’m sorely disappointed. It’ll take a huge effort to change things. We need both houses and the WH to expand the SCOTUS, impeach and replace a couple of them, restore the fairness doctrine and separate ownership of print and broadcast media again.
06:42 PM - Apr 18, 2023
Dave Painchaud
A
I could not agree with you more. All the stuff we’re experiencing can be seen through the prism of errors made from 1988-1992.
In response to Retropian.
07:17 PM - Apr 18, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}