StefWilliams25
A
And Elon sold snake oil to those folks, convincing them that the cure to their sense of inadequacy they feel when they see Lebron getting 1M likes, and their tweet getting 1, was to buy the same status as Lebron. But that status isn't something you buy. You can't force people to be interested.
01:07 AM - Apr 21, 2023
Stewart Tan
A
In response to StefWilliams25.
I think your comment "you can't force people to be interested" sums it up very well. Like the expression goes "you can only bring the horse to the water, you can't make them drink"... (at least I think it's similar).
01:05 PM - Apr 22, 2023
StefWilliams25
A
In response to Stewart Tan.
Exactly. I was always fascinated with my random tweets on there that would go viral. They were never the ones I expected, for some reason, took off. Meanwhile, the things I thought were So funny got little interaction sometimes. The blue check never mattered.
12:18 AM - Apr 23, 2023
Diane Turner
A
Many of dedicated time to going to twitter to spread the word about spoutible. I don’t even know if some are looking at the explore feed to see what is going on. No. You don’t have to follow a stranger. But we are hoping it’s not going to become 2 worlds here and they we’ll get engagement 3/4
11:45 AM - Apr 21, 2023
Diane Turner
A
Hi Stef. I have a question. Will you only follow other blue checks? Is this an elitist thing? I think you’ll miss a lot of the best of Spoutible and create an us versus them mentality.
06:54 AM - Apr 21, 2023
StefWilliams25
A
In response to Diane Turner.
Hi Diane. An elitist thing? I work most of my time in a restaurant, so no, I assure you, it's not an "elitist" thing. I follow people and topics who interest me regardless of verification, just like on Twitter. Which is exactly how it should be. Thanks.
11:01 AM - Apr 21, 2023
StefWilliams25
A
In response to Diane Turner.
Judging by the comments you've amassed re: this topic, I think accusing people of being elitist because they choose not to follow complete strangers that have no connection to anything they're interested in is actually a better way to create an us vs them mentality.
11:33 AM - Apr 21, 2023
Ramsey, Queen of Popcorn®
A
This right here!
01:11 AM - Apr 21, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}