StefWilliams25
A
And Elon sold snake oil to those folks, convincing them that the cure to their sense of inadequacy they feel when they see Lebron getting 1M likes, and their tweet getting 1, was to buy the same status as Lebron. But that status isn't something you buy. You can't force people to be interested.
01:07 AM - Apr 21, 2023
Diane Turner
A
Hi Stef. I have a question. Will you only follow other blue checks? Is this an elitist thing? I think you’ll miss a lot of the best of Spoutible and create an us versus them mentality.
In response to StefWilliams25.
06:54 AM - Apr 21, 2023
StefWilliams25
A
In response to Diane Turner.
Judging by the comments you've amassed re: this topic, I think accusing people of being elitist because they choose not to follow complete strangers that have no connection to anything they're interested in is actually a better way to create an us vs them mentality.
11:33 AM - Apr 21, 2023
Diane Turner
A
I am not calling you an elitist in fact. But there being a leftover relic of elitism from the bird. Happy you posted. We see blue checks join and only follow other blue checks who are not producing much content.Then go back to Twitter and post nothing much happening here. Which is not true. 2/3 or 4
11:43 AM - Apr 21, 2023
Diane Turner
A
We want to build community but first wave spouties are not seeing the new blue checks as wanting to engage. Maybe I am poking the bear. But we are happy you are here. I really wanted you perspective of how to get some more blue checks involved versus just trying to clone twitter.
11:48 AM - Apr 21, 2023
StefWilliams25
A
In response to Diane Turner.
Hi Diane. An elitist thing? I work most of my time in a restaurant, so no, I assure you, it's not an "elitist" thing. I follow people and topics who interest me regardless of verification, just like on Twitter. Which is exactly how it should be. Thanks.
11:01 AM - Apr 21, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}