Professor Kyle
A
Again, it's fine if you don't want to see political spouts...you can curate your timeline that way. Just don't tell others not to post about politics. It's rude, condescending...& quite political. If you want a politics free zone, try FB; posted this & only my mom, aunt, & wife will acknowledge...
12:13 PM - Apr 21, 2023
Pierson Tyler-Leonard
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
If folks aren't into or interested in politics, current events & the crumbling of democracy as we know it then might I suggest you chart a less distressing course of social interaction such as joining a quilting circle, a knitting class or some other such less cerebrally taxing activity instead..
05:25 AM - Apr 22, 2023
ALIS ITLATOL
A
Hi Prof, am pretty happy with the diversity of my time line. Still I do have to search hashtags for more specific genre...So tell me more about how to "curate your timeline"
05:30 PM - Apr 21, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to ALIS ITLATOL.
I just mean by who you follow – that is just to follow people who spout about stuff you're interested in, and don't follow ones who that's not true of. Since there's no mute button on topics or accounts, it means not following back everyone who follows you.
05:44 PM - Apr 21, 2023
Pierson Tyler-Leonard
A
In response to ALIS ITLATOL.
If you try using the explore button in the options panel you will come to find other interesting folks as well.. I have used it to great success but I admittedly have an extremely diverse set of interests so there's also that..
05:22 AM - Apr 22, 2023
Mari Tini
A
Most of the people I follow came here because of politics.
05:15 PM - Apr 21, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Mari Tini.
Same. And we all post other stuff too, though!
05:39 PM - Apr 21, 2023
Diana
A
"I don't want to see politics" or the like tells me everything the way it is suits that person just fine. And that says quite a lot.
05:14 PM - Apr 21, 2023
Karen Elizabeth Carpenter
A
I left FB a few years ago *because* of the political lunacy. Old "friends" from my life in NH showed their true selves: angry, hateful, bigoted. That's when I revived my Twitter account; now Twitter is overrun with angry, hateful, bigoted strangers. Trying to find my footing here on Spoutible.
12:51 PM - Apr 21, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Karen Elizabeth Carpenter.
Yeah, & I imagine that's still there on FB in some pockets – I unfriended anyone who was like that. I mostly just use it for business & the occasional Grigio or outdoor activity pic. For the most part I haven't seen much hatred & bigotry on here; if it shows up & it's blatant they'll get suspended.
01:20 PM - Apr 21, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}