Laury Silvers
A
I'm a Muslim novelist of historical-mysteries set in medieval Muslim lands. I'm very good at whodunit melodramas with a heavy dose of history, but am moving on to more expected fare where history is in the background and a touch of noir. #WritingCommunity #WritersPod www.llsilvers.com
10:30 AM - Feb 18, 2023
Stephanie Englund
A
In response to Laury Silvers.
Just reading your description of the genre you write about intrigues me! I read Mistress of Spices decades ago and love it. Totally giving your book a read.
11:54 AM - Feb 18, 2023
Laury Silvers
A
In response to Stephanie Englund.
Oh! Thank you! Just a warning, the books are far too historical for the genre where history is meant to be the texture not a main character story itself, but no anachronisms, real emotion and inner life, and hopefully you won't guess whodunit! (e-books are discounted on my website).
12:11 PM - Feb 18, 2023
MonzaMayhem
A
In response to Laury Silvers.
Excited to check them out. Historical mysteries are my favorite genre these days.
04:58 PM - Apr 21, 2023
Laury Silvers
A
Oh, please let me know how you like them. It's a Quartet, so really 4 parts. You have to read them in order. Each book has a mystery and a historical question that gets explored, but the emotional-spiritual stories of the characters grow over the 4. They're heavy on the history, fyi!
In response to MonzaMayhem.
05:03 PM - Apr 21, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}