Madeleine
A
My husband has been smoking cannabis to excess for years. He typically vapes or smokes 2-3 times a day is typical for him. I’ve seen him stagger, crawl and barely able to climb some stairs. He thinks hes perfectly ok and gets angry if I make a comment.
02:01 PM - Apr 22, 2023 (Edited)
Madeleine
A
In response to Madeleine.
He developed a lung infection and tried getting by just using edibles When he was a little better he abandoned edibles and started smoking again. He was positively euphoric. Sunday he ate all remaining edible for an amazing high. He didn't get out of bed He is addicted to being as high as he can.
02:10 PM - Apr 22, 2023
Madeleine
A
yesterday I telling him that his lungs had given him a warning and to start smoking again might give him cancer. I was a nice person trying to tell him that lung cancer is bad
Like a true addict he attacked me saying he didn't need the marijuana police and if I said anything more he would move out
02:14 PM - Apr 22, 2023
Barbara Edelman
A
find support group for families of addicts. see a counselor on your own to decide a course of action. if your husband realizes he has a problem, starts going to group & wants to work to save marriage, great. but it doesn’t sound like he does. good luck.
02:05 PM - Apr 22, 2023
Madeleine
A
In response to Barbara Edelman.
After the “marijuana police” comment I asked around and have found 2 different nar-anon support groups. One is based squarely on 12 steps, the other is grant funded by the state; their focus is on self-help and self- care. Everyone is wonderfully supportive
02:18 PM - Apr 22, 2023
Madeleine
A
In response to Barbara Edelman.
He’s a stereotype addict. Angry, secretive, paranoid and defensive. He feels betrayed that I “disapprove of his lifestyle.” Even having his health affected won’t make him stop.
02:23 PM - Apr 22, 2023

Only followers of this user (susanm) can see their posts

Madeleine
A
In response to Susan.
They say it isn’t addictive but recent research shows that for about 6% of the population, it can be. If it was just being high that he liked, there are plenty of other ways of getting high. But he sticks to weed.
02:26 PM - Apr 22, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}