Andrew Weinstein
A
A 3-year-old girl shot and killed herself with an unsecured gun in her Louisiana home last Thursday, but you probably didn’t hear about it because it’s the sort of thing that happens every single day in America. It’s long past time we did something about that.
06:43 PM - Apr 22, 2023
Pete Johnston
A
In response to Andrew Weinstein.
🤬😢Those that leave unsecured guns available to children should be responsible. Gun accidents are tragic.
08:51 PM - Feb 25, 2024
Oak Street Gutter Water
A
06:26 PM - Aug 18, 2023
Build the Future
A
This is tragic. I am not a gun enthusiast but I ran across this podcast about how emerging technology in this area can help prevent this exact situation.

https://podcasts.apple.com...
07:06 AM - Aug 17, 2023
Anastasia Joy
A
In response to Build the Future.
The technology has long since emerged. What also emerged long ago is the NRA's vehement opposition to it, why I've got no idea. They also oppose requiring guns to be locked up in homes with children. Again, who knows why? The Ohio Supreme Court just overturned a Columbus law requiring it.
11:17 PM - Jan 15, 2024 (Edited)
Sonia C
A
This just makes my heart hurt. Louisiana is my birth state. It also one of the top gun owning states. Just sickening. 😢
12:48 PM - Apr 23, 2023
Anastasia Joy
A
In response to Sonia C.
I recall a progressive website doing a column called "GunFail" about stupid shootings. Every one had one about a child shooting another child. I preferred the stories about sheriff's deputies cleaning a gun w/o seeing if it was loaded & shooting themselves in the penis.
11:21 PM - Jan 15, 2024
Raja
A
Jesus.
You're right it happens every day in America but it still is a shock to the system everytime I read that it happened yet again. Difficult not feeling something in the heart when such innocence is senselessly lost, even when you don't know them.
11:53 PM - Apr 22, 2023
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
What are you going to do?
09:24 PM - Apr 22, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}