Halo-Halo w/ All the Sighs
A
The color of my skin is part and parcel of who I am--an immutable one -- and (royal) you are not going to erase that part of me in a feel good "we are one human race" round of Kumbaya.
You don't see color, you don't see me. Period.
05:32 PM - Apr 23, 2023 (Edited)
Ground Control
A
In response to Halo-Halo w/ All the Sighs.
Maybe it's because that crowd doesn't or won't see me either...but I see you, Halo, always.
11:16 AM - Aug 26, 2023
Ryan F
A
Color-blind ideology is where people racially perceived as white that are on an antiracist journey need to step up & speak out with our peers. It is a moment to call ppl in, examine the root of their ideology, and invite them on a journey that will be initially uncomfortable and rewarding.
11:11 AM - Aug 26, 2023
Bruno and Augie’s Dad
A
We’ve made so many mistakes in education, and this is a huge one. Someone compared education to the Civil War. We won the war, but lost the Reconstruction. Similarly, we’ve have so many good ideas in Ed but then we shoot ourselves in the foot with the details or misunderstanding the assignment
10:38 AM - Aug 26, 2023
Ground Control
A
In response to Bruno and Augie’s Dad.
"Lost" implies that we ever fought for it. Fact is all the promise was stolen with the election of Rutherford B Hayes and the deal that got him in there.
11:15 AM - Aug 26, 2023
Josef Konrad
A
I was downtown at 2 am with a one-time friend who loved the "don't see race" refrain. Suddenly, he darts across the street when he sees a Black man, minding his business, walking towards us. I so called out that "friend" as he crossed the street alone. It's always the actions that give people away.
10:12 AM - Aug 26, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}