Paul Chenoweth
A
To be crystal clear, as a Tennessean, I find this re-write of history to be irresponsible, full of bullshit, and unworthy of anyone in elected office in my state. Secession was intended to protect slavery. FULL STOP!! Read the article of secession from each state...slavery is at the top. #Traitors
Zaya Rose ⛧ @ZayaRose7
*The TN proclamation includes 8 intro clauses celebrating “the cause of Southern liberty," nothing of slavery. Rather, it declares that Confederates conducted “a 4-yr heroic struggle for states’ rights, individual freedom, local government control, & a determined struggle for deeply held beliefs"
09:11 AM - Apr 24, 2023
09:53 AM - Apr 24, 2023
John Colagioia
A
In response to Paul Chenoweth.
It just needs a small touch-up. "...a 4-yr heroic struggle for states’ rights (to protect slavery), individual freedom (to own Black people), local government control (to defy abolition), & a determined struggle for deeply held beliefs (in white supremacy)."
03:04 PM - Apr 26, 2023
Paul Chenoweth
A
In response to John Colagioia.
That pretty well sums it up. Well done!
04:52 PM - Apr 26, 2023
Irminsul Harp
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
02:37 PM - Apr 26, 2023

Only followers of this user (researchergirl) can see their posts

Paul Chenoweth
A
In response to Anne NotOfCleves.
I was lucky that I had exceptional parents who taught me the truth rather than the Klan version of "The Northern Invasion" that was taught in my high school.
02:27 PM - Apr 26, 2023
Rebecca
A
I was taught that the South was actually fighting against States rights. The South wanted to override Northern states’ laws and force them to return escaped slaves back to the South.
03:28 PM - Apr 24, 2023
Paul Chenoweth
A
Tell me again the Confederacy wasn't about "slaveholding"...from Alabama:
10:08 AM - Apr 24, 2023
Michael J Sheridan
A
Wait - I need to make some popcorn before you get to talking about the Cornerstone Speech.
03:08 PM - Apr 26, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}