Nicole
A
I’m not saying there’s a right or wrong way to do Spoutible.

But, I don’t understand spouting and then not interacting even once with anyone (no replies, no likes).

There are so many incredible people here to interact with, I’m confused as to why someone would decide not to.
07:07 PM - Apr 24, 2023
Tim Graf
A
In response to Nicole.
There are some accounts that are placeholders for legacy blue tick accounts, particularly media accounts with large followings, who haven't quite made the jump from the bird yet, as well as those who - for whatever reason - not having an app yet is a deal-breaker. I don't understand that, but okay.
07:36 PM - Apr 24, 2023
Nicole
A
In response to Tim Graf.
I’m realizing now that I should have worded my spout better. The specific account that got me to thinking about this has many thousands of followers, dozens of replies to most spouts, but hasn’t replied to or liked one single spout… ever.

I feel bad for the people who try interacting w/them. ☹️
08:01 PM - Apr 24, 2023
Karl S the Typo King
A
In response to Nicole.
I try to reply to everyone that comments on mine, that’s kinda why I spout.
07:31 PM - Apr 24, 2023
Nicole
A
In response to Karl S the Typo King.
Same! It’s all the other people that make this place great!

I get a little overwhelmed because I’m not used to actually having notifications. But I try to at least leave a like if nothing else.
07:34 PM - Apr 24, 2023
Gloria H
A
In response to Nicole.
New people may feel a little snakebit from the other site. When I first joined, I spouted about how it felt like the first day of high school & not knowing who to talk to. It usually took at least a 9 wk grading period to figure out.
07:30 PM - Apr 24, 2023
Nicole
A
In response to Gloria H.
Ha! I love that! First day of high school is a good way to explain the feeling in the beginning.
07:37 PM - Apr 24, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
In response to Nicole.
I feel the same way as Jay. I really feel like we are a community here. I love the daily interactions and humor shared with other spouters. Never had fun like this on that other site. Really grateful for what we have here.
07:24 PM - Apr 24, 2023
Nicole
A
In response to Mary OContrary.
Couldn’t agree more! It really is so much fun here!
07:31 PM - Apr 24, 2023
PeteTheExPat
B
In response to Nicole.
I always interact.
It may be childish, or a 'Dad' joke, but I will always fill up your replies with non-thought provoking rubbish!
LoL
👍😁👍
07:19 PM - Apr 24, 2023
Nicole
A
In response to PeteTheExPat.
Good to know! I appreciate that kind of thing. Followed.
07:30 PM - Apr 24, 2023
Julie Kleinbach
A
In response to Nicole.
We've created a consumer mentality that permeates much of our experience. "Here we are now. Entertain us!"

Sometimes people are just afraid. Many have just left a place where they might have been scared to post.

I think they just need to dip their toes in to see that the water is fine!
07:17 PM - Apr 24, 2023
Nicole
A
In response to Julie Kleinbach.
I can definitely understand the shyness. That was me at first too. But the account that prompted my confusion has almost 20k followers and hasn’t even liked another spout.

I’m not saying they’re wrong but I don’t understand it.
07:27 PM - Apr 24, 2023
Sherrill Reed
A
In response to Nicole.
People are almost universally shy at first.
07:16 PM - Apr 24, 2023
Jay Carpenter🎸🎶
A
In response to Nicole.
Makes no sense to me either. I have found a real sense of community here and the interactions are nothing short of amazing. I never had this on the dead bird, it never felt inclusive, friendly or community. Even in the best of times it felt combative
07:12 PM - Apr 24, 2023
Nicole
A
In response to Jay Carpenter🎸🎶.
The interaction and people here have been such a pleasant surprise! I knew Spoutible would be better than Twitter but it has far exceeded my expectations. It’s all the people that make it special.
07:40 PM - Apr 24, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}