Anton Brakhage
A
We all need to be shouting just as loudly about the silencing and impending censure or expulsion of Zooey Zephyr from the Montana House as we did about the Tennessee Three. It's the same autocratic muzzling of an elected rep from a marginalized group.
#ZooeyZephyr #transrights
01:18 AM - Apr 26, 2023 (Edited)
Tammie Sylvia
A
In response to Anton Brakhage.
Yes we do. Their constituents are being left without a voice, and that is unacceptable.
02:32 PM - Apr 26, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Tammie Sylvia.
Expelling her, or even refusing to let her speak, is disenfranchising every voter she represents, yes.
05:51 PM - Apr 26, 2023
Sitara 68
A
Got voice mail, left a message. I'm not a Montanan, but I let him know that I was one of the millions who donated to the Tennesse Three and if he continues on this path, I will donate to Rep. Zephyr and I suspect she will find herself with a war chest the likes of which his state has never seen.
02:31 PM - Apr 26, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Sitara 68.
I wish I'd thought of that.

I left both an email and a voice message with the Speaker.
05:49 PM - Apr 26, 2023
Phred
A
In response to Sitara 68.
Does anyone have an ActBlue donation link for Montana State Representative Zooey Zephyr?
05:52 PM - Apr 26, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
Montana State House Contact Info: https://leg.mt.gov/legisla...

Speaker Regier: (406) 284-5639
Matt.Regierlegmt.gov
12:30 PM - Apr 26, 2023 (Edited)
Anton Brakhage
A
Note, for some reason Spoutible keeps auto-removing the @ sign from the email address. Here's a link to the Speaker's contact info: https://leg.mt.gov/legisla...
01:02 PM - Apr 26, 2023
Linda in TN ACTIVE Resister
A
Organize it!
Do it!
We cannot stand by & allow the reds to take over this country simply because of our inaction. If we do not stand up NOW we will never turn the tide. Saving Democracy, or not, is happening RIGHT NOW.
09:07 AM - Apr 26, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Linda in TN ACTIVE Resister.
A small start might be to follow the representative in question, Zooey Zephyr, on Spoutible @ZoAndBehold

She currently has only 81 followers.

One might also contact members of the Montana House and express your views, if so inclined: https://leg.mt.gov/legisla...
09:16 AM - Apr 26, 2023
Amy Bradley
A
She is being censured by House Speaker Matt Regier because she said, "I hope the next time there's an invocation, when you bow your heads in prayer, you see the blood on your hands". Matt Regier: (406) 284-5639 and Matt.Regierlegmt.gov. Excellent article about how it started and current situation:
05:27 AM - Apr 26, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Amy Bradley.
"But she said mean things about us (because we're trying to take away the civil rights of trans people)!!!!"

God, Republicans are such fragile snowflakes.
11:34 AM - Apr 26, 2023
ss m
A
In response to Amy Bradley.
I saw a photo of them saying the pledge of allegiance in session. They need to reflect on who “all” refers to when they say . . . liberty & Justice for all.
08:45 AM - Apr 27, 2023
Pollik
A
Agreed
03:39 AM - Apr 26, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}