Tim Wise
A
As I've mentioned previously, from time to time I will post essays from my archive at Medium on here. Trying to cross-pollinate social media stuff a bit. These are all in front of the paywall, so anyone can read them, and I hope you will! And share them widely if you like them.
08:24 AM - Apr 26, 2023
Scarab Rose
A
In response to Tim Wise.
#2 I also don't know why you make the assumption that people would be more accepting of the concentration camp rebellion killings than the slave rebellion killings.

I find the premise of this piece extremely disturbing all the way around.
08:13 PM - Apr 26, 2023
Scarab Rose
A
In response to Tim Wise.
#1 So much to say. I have a real problem with using Jewish people and Black people as the examples in this day when there is blatant racism against both, and this seems to be pitting them against the other. See #2
08:11 PM - Apr 26, 2023
Dot
A
In response to Tim Wise.
I don't think I was your audience for this.

I actually gave the enslaved family more rights to kill during their escape than the Nazi prisoners in my read through.

Still, interesting read and all
06:59 PM - Apr 26, 2023
Marcia Taber
A
In response to Tim Wise.
This is so powerful! Thank you for your insight, and exercise for us all! Your comments at the end about current scenarios and dilemmas were especially provoking. I hope when I echo this others will take the time to really ponder these thoughts!
09:44 AM - Apr 26, 2023
Whoa!
A
In response to Tim Wise.
I have a few things to say, but I don't have time to type it out because I'm at work. Maybe later if I remember. Thanks for sharing.
08:51 AM - Apr 26, 2023
Tim Wise
A
In response to Whoa!.
Please do! Always interested in dialogue about these pieces (or anything else)
08:58 AM - Apr 26, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}