Professor Kyle
A
And I'm sick & tired of privileged whiners who think a Dem party fighting tooth & nail against fascism & bigotry, trying to lift millions out of poverty, trying to save the planet (etc) is "evil." This is sloppy thinking that demonstrates you have nothing to lose, & only helps the actually evil GOP.
01:36 PM - Apr 26, 2023
David 1914
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
So many people think its perfectly acceptable that there are only two choices and that for people who think neither choice aligns with their beliefs/values that they should just suck it up and vote for the candidate I want since the system doesn’t allow for the formation of a viable 3rd party.
01:50 PM - Apr 26, 2023
bronxelf
A
Nah, man. No one thinks that.
The problem with "how we vote" vs. "who we vote for" is well established. We NEED (need!) ranked choice voting everywhere for third (and fourth, etc) parties to be viable. Im with you there. But the alternative is to screw over even more marginalized ppl.
Why do that?
In response to David 1914.
02:51 PM - Apr 26, 2023
David 1914
A
In response to bronxelf.
I never said that in the end I don’t vote for Democratic candidates. I do if I believe that particular race is important and their opponent is terrible. I just believe that what would make more of a difference is fighting voter suppression than belittling 3rd party voters.
03:05 PM - Apr 26, 2023
bronxelf
A
In response to David 1914.
I agree, voter suppression is a prime problem. No question. Totally with you. Here's 4 problems that must be fixed - but CANNOT be without supermajorities in various legislatures:
gerrymandering
voter suppression
campaign finance law
ending first past the post voting.
03:20 PM - Apr 26, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}