Jonathan Berman
A
The term black sheep isn't right, and I think possibly racist, so lets fix it. Black is awesome, sheep are followers and we're not, we're intensely ourselves, so, lets update that term. How about... Grey Gull. They steal our color and see us as annoying, like a seagull.
10:19 AM - Apr 27, 2023
Edmund
A
In response to Jonathan Berman.
I was the gray gull of my family, the ugly duckling, black sheep and scapegoat. People need villains and heros to hold on to, because thinking is so darn hard, agreed "black sheep" does sound a bit prejudiced at the very least.
10:24 AM - Apr 27, 2023
Jonathan Berman
A
In response to Edmund.
Thank you, and I feel for ya, I have always been the grey gull of my family as well, and it's hard to see my siblings all effortlessly supporting each other and picking apart anything I say and showing no interest in anything I do.
10:39 AM - Apr 27, 2023
Edmund
A
Agreed. I happened to get a ride from my sister's co-workers and they went on and on about how supportive, loving and encouraging she was. On multiple trips. I'm like, that's not my experience and I'm her little brother. LOL. It's usually rooted in jelly.
In response to Jonathan Berman.
11:13 AM - Apr 27, 2023
Jonathan Berman
A
In response to Edmund.
Also, when it comes to family, there's often a lot of projection.
01:47 PM - Apr 27, 2023
Jonathan Berman
A
In response to Edmund.
I found out the reason my brother treats me like shit is because he thinks everything I say is either random, or one-upping others, but the truth is, I'm never random, I almost exclusively bring up topics I know he's interested in, and I never try to one-up anyone, it's projection condemnation.
11:36 AM - Apr 27, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}