Qasim Rashid
A
Anyone who thinks Emmett Till being lynched in 1955 is ancient history should remember that 18 current members of Congress are older than him & the white woman Carolyn Bryant who got him lynched just *today* died—& w/o accountability.

Racial terror is not ancient history. It's contemporary reality.
02:23 PM - Apr 27, 2023
Mjohnso27
A
In response to Qasim Rashid.
Sometimes the past, isn’t even past.
06:51 PM - Apr 27, 2023
From NY to GA
A
I think anything in B&W is considered ancient history, really. I’m astounded at the number of people I know who absolutely refuse to watch classic movies or TV if it’s not in color. So B&W news footage may as well be from the Dark Ages.

Pretty lame imo.
06:03 PM - Apr 27, 2023 (Edited)
Michael-McCloud T
A
My musician brother was 4 yrs old when young Emmett Till was murdered. JT's starting the 3rd leg of a yearlong world tour with an acclaimed musician: 130+ shows in Europe, US, Canada & now S. America/Asia/NZ/Australia. JT thrives; Till/others' lives stolen. Our history is NOW. Racial justice NOW.
04:33 PM - Apr 27, 2023
DB Gives
A
She was allowed to live her life without consequences. He was murdered. A child. For no reason other than that he was Black. American Just-Us.
04:26 PM - Apr 27, 2023
Robyn Grant
A
Emmett Till never got end-of-life palliative care.
03:14 PM - Apr 27, 2023
Deb Bailey
A
Exactly. Meanwhile they're still shooting at the Emmett Till memorial in MS. It had to be made bulletproof. Yet they say this is all in the past though.
02:29 PM - Apr 27, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}