David Corn
A
Spouters, how many of you are fleeing Twitter? Twitter's getting less useful. Look at this piece. And seems to me folks on Twitter should use the "following" feed & cancel the "for you" feed. Why trust Musk's algorithm?
https://www.nytimes.com/20...
01:35 PM - Apr 28, 2023
Deborah Winfrey Keene
A
In response to David Corn.
Fled!!!
01:07 AM - Nov 07, 2023
Carol Butler
A
I go to the old T for a single p’t’weeter. I rejoice when one of my favorites, like you, comes over.
07:08 PM - Oct 27, 2023
The_Expert
A
Twitter to me is like my compost bin that I forgot to put out on Garbage day and every time I walk by it stinks even more than the last. Too many crazies and the useless junk Ads just drives me nuts.
02:44 PM - Sep 29, 2023
Sara ConsoliverErnst
B
Trying to flee. I still check into accounts who have not left though.
12:12 AM - Aug 15, 2023
Marsha in OR
A
I still check in with twitter for certain communities (med, legal, etc), but those are dwindling.
10:50 AM - Aug 01, 2023
Freecat15
A
I wish I could, but my German bubble still is only there...
But I spend way more time here.
02:52 PM - May 04, 2023
Yogi Thomas
B
Elon Musk operation destroy twitter on schedule: Musk and Jack Dorsey are good friends!
01:06 AM - May 04, 2023
Magneto Mancer
A
If the "Following" is even available to you. Twitter/X-Corp randomly started removing the "Following" option so I was not getting latest posts from my friends. This is another reason I got frustrated with Elon Musk's doge'y antics. I Deactivated my account and never looked back.
07:18 PM - May 03, 2023 (Edited)
Jerry Wechsler
A
Only look at Twitter for VP Harris live feed. Or similar… and avoid the slew of nasty comments to it.
06:01 PM - May 03, 2023
Carol Butler
A
In response to Jerry Wechsler.
Lordy I gave up entirely on reading comments from official X-tweeters like VP Harris or official White House. They draw the crazies and deplorables and make it a complete waste of time to check the comments.
07:11 PM - Oct 27, 2023
Patricia E
A
Used to devour breaking news and the expert analysis, now I don’t know what am looking at, not to mention all the feeds I don’t want to see, the subscribe to unsolicited notifications, I mean it’s gone. A real shame. Every time I come here, the difference is glaring. Spoutible is popping already ♥️.
05:54 PM - May 03, 2023

Only followers of this user (researchergirl) can see their posts

Anella Marie
A
I've done this. I'm ready to leave, but I still have people there that I follow and trust.
05:48 PM - May 03, 2023
Clay Williams
A
In response to Anella Marie.
Curiously, there's folks I follow that only show up in the "For You" feed unless I search them out. What a mess!
07:28 PM - May 03, 2023
John Bolton's Mustache™️☑️
A
I'm pretty much gone from the hell site but instead of deactivating, I use my account as a Spoutible advertisement.
05:45 PM - May 03, 2023
RealAntifaHQ
A
In response to John Bolton's Mustache™️☑️.
I Blocked every ad & deactivated my account weeks ago & now can't even access the site when someone spouts a link . . .
02:13 AM - May 09, 2023
(((Murdoch Twersky)))
A
Twitter is a hellhole.
05:00 PM - May 03, 2023
MH Lockhart
A
I peek in occasionally, but the more time I spend here on Spoutible, the more I realize Twitter hasn't been healthy for my mental well-being. There is no trust in Musky's app.
04:53 PM - May 03, 2023 (Edited)
Lennie Moore
A
Planning on giving the bird to the bird soon. Just seeing if my game audio peeps will migrate.
PS: say hi to your brother Steve from me!
04:39 PM - May 03, 2023
Caitlin Williams
A
Left for good a couple weeks ago. Not looking back. This is much better for my serenity.
04:37 PM - May 03, 2023
Carolyn
A
Left Twitter in February
04:27 PM - May 03, 2023
Trish McD
A
I like following trials (Ed Sheeran, Proud Boys, EJean Carroll) through the journalists in the courtroom and/or have access to real time testimony. Eg. Roger Parloff, InnerCity Press, Brandi Buchman. With the new threading here at Spoutible, Im hoping that more of these peeps come here.
04:22 PM - May 03, 2023
Emmy Green
A
At least half the people I follow are not showing up in the following column but they do show up in the For You column. Very annoying. I am looking forward to leaving Twitter soon and today's news on threading brings me one step closer.
04:16 PM - May 03, 2023
HumTeach
A
Long-time Twitter users don't know about Lists? Only way to make the place usable. You see who you want to follow in chronological order, immune from the algos and ad BS. I really don't understand why everyone didn't go that way. Do they really enjoy wading through the crazies and the garbage? Why?
04:02 PM - May 03, 2023
Kathleen Burke
A
In response to HumTeach.
Lists are sketchy at times for me. And it’s impossible to get rid of or at least move the For You feed. Only reason I’m still on it is my lists for a few specific things.
05:59 PM - May 03, 2023
Phil Burk
A
I stopped logging into Twitter except to view my follows listing the day after this change went into effect. I really disliked not being able to easily find those journalists, politicians, and public individuals that I followed for the information I wanted.

It made Twitter pointless for my use.
03:58 PM - May 03, 2023
JayTuma1 (She/Her)
A
I don't know what they are doing on Twitter, I left and have no intention of returning.
03:54 PM - May 03, 2023
Charlie 21
A
I am a bird site refugee

I started there in Jan 2009

I only use it now to pull information from my curated lists
03:51 PM - May 03, 2023
Capitalists for Shared Income
A
we are fleeing ... engagement here so much better thanks to @cbouzy
03:48 PM - May 03, 2023
Kat Russ
A
The "For You" feed is definitely not for me.
03:45 PM - May 03, 2023
Roberta Calm-in-the-storm
A
I have to check the bird site to see updates on my baseball team (Go Padres!), but these are curated lists. I also miss MedTwitter and other academic groups (especially Find The Lizard). I personally contact accounts I wish were on Spoutible but not successful yet.
Knit vs Purl
A
I fled on January. I tried to flee in December, failed, then their was that rumor of a data breach & Musk brought back white supremacists, so I deactivated just after the 1st of the year &, while I miss my old Twitter friends & others I followed, I don't miss Twitter.
StreetTacos
A
I got logged out and now can't get back in, so I guess that means I quit. I spent the last month blocking all ads and blue marks so my feed wasn't too bad.
03:44 PM - May 03, 2023
uOMi
A
Not fleeing, Spoutible is far from replacing twitter. Both feeds post somethings of interest. I get more international posts now, which I appreciate. I block a lot and use lists to curate my info. I hope for more interesting interactions on Spoutible. Blue checks don’t matter.
03:42 PM - May 03, 2023
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}