April Sparkles
A
What a lovely gift this is to the Down Syndrome community. It makes me happy to see this representation. I hope this particular Barbie is quickly in demand to represent more cultures, and that it sells out in every iteration.
-April 💛
10:01 PM - Apr 28, 2023
dani
A
In response to April Sparkles.
There's a Lego Friends characters with Down syndrome too. It's wonderful.
11:35 AM - Aug 02, 2023
April Sparkles
A
In response to dani.
Really? I need to find that!
I keep buying these Barbies as gifts, but Lego would be a great gift for my son.
Thanks!
💛
Also: this must have been a Splashback today!
12:46 PM - Aug 02, 2023
Mary ♿ Cairns
A
When I had my first surgery I wanted a Barbie in a wheelchair, I used one for 3 months then crutches another 3. It wasn't until I was an adult they made one. They accidentally made her disabled life too realistic. None of her cars, houses, other accessories were wheelchair accessible.
10:24 PM - Apr 30, 2023
April Sparkles
A
In response to Mary ♿ Cairns.
Isn’t that exactly how this world works? All the laws, programs and proclamations somehow can’t get an accessible doorway for a real person let alone a doll’s house. 🤷🏻‍♀️
I don’t understand why people and corporations need to be shamed into equitable action. Why isn’t it the norm?
-April 💛
07:00 AM - May 01, 2023
Ifell Awake
B
I respectfully disagree. Many women suffer from low self-esteem because Western cultural staples like Barbie dolls promote unattainable beauty standards. Why are Barbie dolls always white, unfeasibly slim and blond? The passive, vacant smile is troubling too.
08:10 AM - Apr 29, 2023
Hareeba
A
Please pardon my relative lack of familiarity with Downs syndrome but just looking at that doll it would never have occurred to me that she's supposed to be depicting a sufferer.
04:58 AM - Apr 29, 2023
Crafty Kitty
A
So wonderful they're doing this for children. They have others like a vitiligo and a prosthetic leg Ken. Heartwarming ❤️
01:14 AM - Apr 29, 2023 (Edited)
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
She's already sold out.
12:50 AM - Apr 29, 2023
Janarchy
A
The Fashionitas line has been great and they've been expanding and making it more inclusive and diverse every year. I'm a collector and I've been trying to find her and so far no luck. I recommend the Hulu doc 'On Tiny Shoulders' about the creation and launch of the series.
11:17 PM - Apr 28, 2023
April Sparkles
A
In response to Janarchy.
Thank you!
I’m happy you commented. I’m going to see if I can find that in Canada.
-April 💛
11:21 PM - Apr 28, 2023
TheForty(3)YearOldXennial (he/him)
A
This Barbie is triggering the "EVERYTHING I DON'T LIKE IS WOKE!" crybabies.
10:16 PM - Apr 28, 2023
April Sparkles
A
In response to TheForty(3)YearOldXennial (he/him).
Dang.
Imagine how exhausting it is to be outraged over everything?
🤷🏻‍♀️
Poor them.
-April 💛
10:25 PM - Apr 28, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}